DLV or Slovakian HJ knife?

Guys seems there a lot doubt about this slovak hj knifes with the winged "fake" stamp on the ricasso so i now am thinking now yes its a faker:thumbdown:, you live & learn but would like to know if there was ever a period Slovak knife produced with a different motto? but maybe i got mixed up along the way thinking on the Brannick hj knifes:ohmy:, anyway i,m sticking with my early to late period german hjs as i know where i stand with these knifes.
Regards Scott.

Hi Scott,

Russ brought it to my attention that there is a type of Slovakian HJ knife pictured on page 148 of Ronald Weinand's 1st volume, "NPEA Daggers and Associated Knives" The knife Ron has pictured has a standard HJ knife scabbard but the knife it's self looks like a basic boot knife with wooden grip plates and the red and white Sovakian HJ Movement shield insignia attached about center, mid grip ... Plain blade, no motto .. This is the only one I have ever seen ..

Mike W.

Last edited:
Hi Scott,

Russ brought it to my attention that there is a type of Slovakian HJ knife pictured on page 148 of Ronald Weinand's 1st volume, "NPEA Daggers and Associated Knives" The knife Ron has pictured has a standard HJ knife scabbard but the knife it's self looks like a basic boot knife with wooden grip plates and the red and white Sovakian HJ Movement shield insignia attached about center, mid grip ... Plain blade, no motto .. This is the only one I have ever seen ..

Mike W.

Mike thanks for the info on the Slovakian hj knife in Ron Weinands 1st volume, i guess we all have a lot to learn with this stuff & a lot we dont know as yet!!....
Regards Scott.

Yes, a good thread indeed, and more knowledge gained. It's interesting, that whenever these Slovakian knives have been shown before on the forums, no-one has commented that they are in-correct. This, combined with other information I read about the mark in the past has always lead me to believe they are good - apologies if this has set you all down the wrong track.

Regards

Russ

thanks all
i have it for 300 dollar so i have take it
vintage have this from a good dealer!!!!
it's a problem this knive because not in book and only 2 man have make pics on the internet....
karl

thanks all
i have it for 300 dollar so i have take it
vintage have this from a good dealer!!!!
it's a problem this knive because not in book and only 2 man have make pics on the internet....
karl

Karl its your money, but for me i would not pay $300 for this Slovak hj knife with a big ? hanging over it with the FAKE winged stamp!!!
Regards Scott.

Karl, I'm sure you've read all the information and seen all the opinions. If you must have the knife that is your choice. One big reservation would be the sell on factor later. I don't know if you would be able to recover the cost if you decided to sell. In the end it's a buyers choice, to purchase or not.

Back