DLV or Slovakian HJ knife?

i dunno im not sold on these daggers, something just niggles me about them

hj

If this is a slovakian youth knife way have it the blut unde ehre at the blade the other countrys youth knifes have ther own language at the blade

From 1938 to 1945 the First Republic of Czechoslovakia was annexed by Nazi Germany and was then referred to as Sudetenland. Slovakia managed to remain autonomous for about one more year before it too was annexed. So in 1939 the Slovak Republic became part of the Sudetenland. The Sudetenland was considered a part of Nazi Germany, so the motto of the local Hitler Youth, from 1939 to 1945, certainly would have been "Blut Und Ehre" ..

Al the best ..

Mike W.

hj

Hm ok its a long time i read something about this in my head some where i have hlink in slovak and czech youth was some thing else regards tomas

From 1938 to 1945 the First Republic of Czechoslovakia was annexed by Nazi Germany and was then referred to as Sudetenland. Slovakia managed to remain autonomous for about one more year before it too was annexed. So in 1939 the Slovak Republic became part of the Sudetenland. The Sudetenland was considered a part of Nazi Germany, so the motto of the local Hitler Youth, from 1939 to 1945, certainly would have been "Blut Und Ehre" ..

Al the best ..

Mike W.

i think the motto is stopped in 1938 !!
i can have the knive i have present you
i would have in my hand for good pics
karl

thats a valid point karl has,slovakia was not under german rule until 1939 so by the time it was really established especially with a youth system it would be at least late 39 if not early 40, so why would a slovakian youth knife have the motto blut unde ehre on the blade when even the hitler youth blades no longer used the motto after 1938, something does not add up here

perhaps a stock before 1938 that the slovakia have change just the grip and insignia???
it's a good one and rare
i have this week

Last edited:
There are examples of knives with dates later than 1938 that have the motto on the blade. I would doubt that the Solingen manufacturers would dump any mottoed blades they still had in stock when the regulation was changed.

Regards

Russ

I found another curious "partial DLV" stamping on the scabbard throat of a Clemen & Jung, DLV knife. The first image is the correct DLV stamping with the swastika. The second image is the stamping on the Clemen & Jung DLV knife with no swastika. The third image is from the Slovakian HJ knife without a swastika. Also the suspension clip on the C&J DLV knife is RZM stamped .. I don't think the DLV was ever under RZM control. I do not like the stamping on the C&J DLV knife.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
I recently received confirmation, from an expert on NSFK and DLV knives, that the Clemen & Jung DLV knife referenced in my previous post is in fact a known fake produced in Russia.

Meaning the stamping on the throat is also fake ..

Here is a link to the German auction site where this DLV knife is located ..

Militaria321.com - Auktion - NSFK Dolch, Clemen & Jung Solingen mit Gehänge

All the best ..

Mike W.

Last edited:
im sorry but theres too many if and but`s for me to be 100% happy with these slaovkian youth daggers,,not for my collection sorry

Yes, I believe the C&J DLV is a fake (confirmed by Ron Weinand). As to the HJ's with the mark, I read somewhere that the mark is correct for these, but cannot locate the source. So, perhaps that info was in-correct - I'll keep looking to see if I can find it.

Regards

Russ

I have to admit to being a little confused here. So, just to consolidate - the knife that is shown in post 1 is a fake but the knife shown by John with the same maker's mark is a good one? I'm not making a judgement here as I know nothing about Slovakian youth knives but how can two knives with the same questionable MM have different outcomes?

Garry, the DLV knife by Clemen & Jung shown in the link is a fake. It has the same or similar mark to both of the HJ's. So, therefore the two HJ's are being questioned because of the appearance of the same mark.

Regards

Russ

hi, im also a bit confused here, what DLV markings do we see on the two slovak knives, i see a makers mark which appears to have wings, nothing resembles anything to do with the DLV, im thinking that the title to this thread hs confused people on the question on wether these knives are original slovak youth knives. Pete.

Yes Pete, I think the title has added some confusion. There are no DLV marks on the HJ knives - just a mark that has been incorrectly called DLV, which it is not.

Regards

Russ

Back