Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Please login to view user info
    Guys i see no problems with the Slovak HJ knifes in this thread i have seen many like this so no need to worry, Johns is a beauty & worth a small fortune
    Regards sweezz.

An enigma to be sure ..

i am lost!!!!!!!!!!
    for my slovak HJ what do you think?????
    it's a good one or not
    and if you mark not, why???????
    the other slovak knive in this post is a good?
    thanks

Thor,

PM sent ..

Can someone do a synopsis of the thread please? We don't seem to have reached a conclusion unless I'm reading things incorrectly

The PMs are undoubtedly helpful to those receiving them but for someone who reads the thread in the future this thread will be quite confusing I think.

Garry,

I honestly think part of the misunderstanding is due to language differences.

The synopsis: I have located two FAKE DLV daggers that have the same "winged" stamping on their scabbard throats as the two Slovakian HJ knives have on their blade ricassos.

All I have done is provide new information ..

A determination as to the authenticity of the two Slovakian HJ knives is entirely up to the owners.

That is what I stated to Thor62 in the PM I sent to him..

I also provided this link below to a known fake DLV knife with the near identical winged stamping on it's scabbard throat as is found on the blade ricassos of the two Slovakian HJ knives.

http://www.xxxxxx.com/pics/dlv-33d.jpg Admin Edit: the link was dead so I amended the site name.

The owner of the DLV knife shown in the above link knows that it is a fake and he provided the images to me as a learning tool. It is not for sale.

Ricasso = the flat metal shoulder between the grip and the blade

See my post #30 on this thread.

There will always be a difference of opinion in all aspects of TR collecting, that is what keeps it interesting ..

Hope this helps ..

Mike
    Last edited by Fluglehrer; 12th October 2009 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluglehrer View Post
    Garry,

I honestly think part of the misunderstanding is due to language differences.

The synopsis: I have located two FAKE DLV daggers that have the same "winged" stamping on their scabbard throats as the two Slovakian HJ knives have on their blade ricassos.

All I have done is provide new information ..

A determination as to the authenticity of the two Slovakian HJ knives is entirely up to the owners.

That is what I stated to Thor62 in the PM I sent to him..

I also provided this link below to a known fake DLV knife with the near identical winged stamping on it's scabbard throat as is found on the blade ricassos of the two Slovakian HJ knives.

http://www.xxxxxx.com/pics/dlv-33d.jpg Admin: this link is dead

The owner of the DLV knife shown in the above link knows that it is a fake and he provided the images to me as a learning tool. It is not for sale.

Ricasso = the flat metal shoulder between the grip and the blade

See my post #30 on this thread.

There will always be a difference of opinion in all aspects of TR collecting, that is what keeps it interesting ..

Hope this helps ..

Mike
    mike, if a thread has been opened to talk about an item, real or not, then i belive every ones opinions for or against would be valid, thats one of the purposes of this site , to help fellow members. PM 's are as gary stated valid for the recipient but not for the community ,shouldn't your opinion should be posted openly for the HJ forum community? i myself would be greatfull for your opinions. cheers pete.

Hi Pete,

In my post #46, I told everybody what was said in my PM to Thor62.

*****Here is the actual PM I sent to Thor62:

Hello Thor,

Click the link and see a known fake DLV knife with the exact same marking on the scabbard throat as is on the two Slovakian HJ knives,
    http://www.xxxxxx.com/pics/dlv-33d.jpg Admin Edit: the link was dead so I amended the site name.

I do not know for sure if the two Slovakian HJ knives are good or bad, you will have to decide for yourself.

Also, go read my previous posts again..

All the best ..

Mike W

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

*****Here is Thor62's response:

hello i look your link but i can't see where is it mark COPY i have only pics, no details, no prices.....
    the slovakian knives for me is good and very rare
    i ask in other forum for daggers and i look
    thanks
    karl

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All I can to is present the facts. The owners of the Slovakian HJ knives will have to make their own decisions about authenticity.

Opinions are one thing - facts are another ..
    Last edited by Fluglehrer; 12th October 2009 at 05:59 PM.

Thanks Mike. I now understand your take on the DLV markings as they apply to the Slovakian knives.

Thanks Garry ..

Pete, I could give my opinion of the two Slovakian HJ daggers here, but I don't think it would be a popular opinion. My opinion is based completely on the information I discovered and from various experts I have contacted.

The link I provided above shows a KNOWN FAKE DLV knife with the curious "winged" stamping on the scabbard throat.

This KNOWN FAKE stamping looks way too much like the stampings on the ricassos of the two Slovakian HJ knives.

Perhaps the "winged" stampings on the ricassos of the Slovakian HJ knives are authentic and the "winged" stamping on the fake DLV was copied from them.

Nobody really knows for sure..

Mike

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast