Early engraved Hitler Youth knives

Thanks Received
Hello

Three early knives/daggers of a friend collector. Never seen in real before, i'd like to start a collection of knives with those here :

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Lauri

Admin Edit: see also THIS thread for more on these very controversial knives. Despite what a prominent US-based dealer says, there is no proof that these are "Early HJ honour knives". The "proof" consists of a photo showing what could just as well be a standard, early E-Pack with no engraving on the handle.

Attachments

Last edited:
is your friend French???
because i know a man in france how have similary knives and other beautiful
karl

are there period pics or documents showing these three designs

Not to my knowledge, never seen in a manufacturer catalog.
This knives are controversial :001_unsure:

Here's a pic of a knife with this shape in wear - they are also seen in a plain un-adorned version and are generally considered and accepted as pre-regulation knives for the HJ.

Pic is courtesy of hj-research forum member Zander.

Regards

Russ

Attachments

Closer pic of the knife.

Regards

Russ

Attachments

Ive seen these knifes discussed a lot on other forums , ie as to whether they are period or not do you think they may have been commisioned by the bann leaders as a throphy for sporting events or similar and as such would not be a standard in any catalog....

steve

Steve, the knives are period, and the etches are considered original. I don't believe there is any documented period evidence of these etches, apart from the usual 'got it direct from the vet' stories... Some people refer to these as HJ Honour knives, but no-one has yet come up with the reason for the Honour. I would doubt they appear in any TR catalogues as they were pre-regulation. Also, having the SS motto leaves it all open to further speculation.

Regards

Russ

I lucked into this one years ago

Attachments

vintagetime very nice knife:001_tt1:, thanks for sharing i love these early quality made hj knifes there very chunky peices & i hope to find one some day:001_tongue:
Cheers Scott.:001_cool:

Early Knives by Wusthof

There are a series of these early knives with many variations, all very rare.
Here is my SS version:

Attachments

Wusthof Hilt

Here is a shot of the hilt

Attachments

If they're so rare, then they'd be easier to forge in that there are not many real examples to compare. Also, if they were not regulation then any irregularity on a forgery could be explained away by saying it was made without regulation.

I'd be too scared to collect em.

Back