Early HJ knife but no buffer

Thanks Received
Hi there I found a lovely knife for sale however the leather buffer pad is missing, it is an early knife with no ricasso, nice looking blade that I would like to pick up. I wanted to know could it be replaced as I presume these were put on during production? Also the knife is over £500 pounds which seems steep considering such a part is missing, how much would it affect the value?

Way overpriced for an HJ knife that is not in exceptional condition IMO. It would have to be perfect all in aspects to warrant that sort of pricing, absolutely perfect.

Way overpriced for an HJ knife that is not in exceptional condition IMO. It would have to be perfect all in aspects to warrant that sort of pricing, absolutely perfect.

I thought that too, everything else ticked my boxes, maker etc just the leather pad was something I wasn't sure should dictate to buy it or not but thanks!

This is the second high-priced item you've enquired about.

Any chance you can post pics or a link so we can see them?

As Darin said, very highly priced!

Regards

Russ

And as if by magic I found it, its exactly what I have been looking for except no buffer :glare:

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
Looks like a nice knife, has some age on the blade, again, the pics are not great to give a good idea of the condition of the blade.

Ultimately, you have to be happy with your purchase, if the missing buffer is going to bug you, look for another one.

Regards

Russ

I was very seriously tempted to get it then received an email to say its now sold anyway, maybe for the best as I noticed a small ridge or chip missing on the edge of the blade which would have annoyed me a lot more than the missing buffer, but thanks guys, trying to find the website for the knife in my other thread for you all.

Hi there I found a lovely knife for sale however the leather buffer pad is missing, it is an early knife with no ricasso, nice looking blade that I would like to pick up. I wanted to know could it be replaced as I presume these were put on during production? Also the knife is over £500 pounds which seems steep considering such a part is missing, how much would it affect the value?

As already mentioned, pictures are essential for queries like this. Did you find pics of the knife in post 1?

I would never buy a knife for that amount of money if it isn't perfect.
There are plenty of good ones around!

Back