Eickhorn Hitler Youth leader dagger (Führerdolch)

Thanks Received
I am going to see one supposedly from the vets grandson on Friday. I know next to nothing about these. I have never had one in 50 years of collecting this stuff. I do know that original ones are rare and that fake ones abound however. What should I look for and what should I avoid? It has a scabbard but no hanger. It was discribed over the phone. If I end up getting it I will post pictures here. Doug

Admin Edit: http://www.hj-research.com/forum/f31/real-fake-hj-leader-dagger-fuehrerdolch-7120/#post50190

Picked it up. Thanks Doug

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
These are rare daggers for sure and usually very expensive. Some members here are not members of that forum. If you posted some photos here you may get more responses or opinions on the item. I'm not a dagger collector so I can't really comment.

these things are a nightmare because they have been faked so well, thats why you got so little response its the fact they are so expensive and so well faked that everyone is tentaive to give opinions on them

I would imagine that you would need to post Very detailed photos, and lots of them too.

looking at the thread on the war relics forum its not looking too good for it, but like i said people are so unsure on these that they in my mind are not worth the risk without solid provinence

I have to agree with Stuart as these highleader daggers are faked very well. On these the details are not as noticeable. Most of it is right down to the thickness of some contour lines in the pommel cap scabbard fittings etc. The etch on the blades are barely noticeable. Its all in the details anymore as the fakers know what the obvious is. :001_smile: Regards Larry

Back