fake hj knives

Thanks Received
hi
just read the interesting thread about these knives and can see why people can get confused as they is so much conflicting info on the net.
first they say if you see a casting mark around the finger guard it will be a fake as german quality control would not allow it but then you read about sloppy diamond insignias saying some workers were more careful than others.....
then i read the rzm stamp should be stamped but they were some that were etched like the motto.....
i cannot understand why a forger can go to all the trouble in making the blade identical to the original even down to verticle lines in the blade and then etch the rzm rather than stamp it..
unfortunately they are so many varients emerging even now that some so called fakes years ago may now be classed as original......really fascinating

to be honest i dont thing at the moment the fakes are good enough to fool the serious collector there allways tends to be something that makes them stand out, and as time goes by even though they are getting better the materials used 70 yrs ago are getting harder to reproduce

Back