Fake? M7/38 NSStB Studentenbund Knife

Thanks Received
Hi, I'm new to collecting HJ knives. I'm a very sceptical buyer, and I've come across this knife. The RZM mark and the scabbard look like reproductions I've seen, and so I'm very wary of purchasing this knife. Do the experienced collectors and historians here think this is a fake/ modern reproduction, or is it a genuine Studentenbund knife? Regards, Bryan.
You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

I do not like the scabbard throat, it has "lips" unlike the original ones, which I smooth

I.m.o. the pommel look very flat and not rounded like the orignals

So your decision about staying clear of this one I think is a wise decision :clap2: , I do not like this knife at all, and would never bye it myself.

Michael :denmark

Attachments

The whole knife and scabbard is post war - don't waste your money!

The scabbard is most likely alloy, and quite different to an original.

The RZM mark is one of several on the obverse of post war knives.

Regards

Russ

Thanks Michael for your helpful advice and taking the time to help a new collector! I don't get the opportunity to handle these HJ type knives very often, so your experience in this field is much appreciated!

Thanks Russ, the RZM mark bothered me the most, it looks cheap, and isn't stamped or etched into the metal surface. It just didn't look right, or like others in photographs I compared it to. Thanks for observations and advice!
cheers, Bryan.

You're welcome Bryan, happy to help.

if you see a knife you like, post some pics here before you buy it and we can check to make sure it is ok!

Regards

Russ

Back