Falange Youth Dagger

Thanks Received
Hi guys this just showed up on the GDC forum and would like to hear some discussion on it here as it got thumbs up there :canada1

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Looks like a very good quality Falange youth knife and belt.
govman

It was bought from an Italian dealer at Kassel last week I spotted it amongst a lot of Italian items really pleased with it a few posts on waf about them. I have many hj items I will post in time including some brannick knives.nice to join the site .
dippy

... I spotted it amongst a lot of Italian items really pleased with it a few posts on waf about them.
A few posts on them here as well. Many variants available for those who like to - collect variants and attach stories & time periods to them. Thats really about it.

WHAT IS YOUR THOUGHTS ON BEING PERIOD KNIVES AS THEY DO NOT SEEM TO GET OUT ON THE WORLD MARKET MUCH JO ?
Paul, here are 9 offerings from an older thread.
I guess common sense steers me away from "period" here. Nobody can link these knives to the makers mark, nobody has anything at all that places them in the period 1938, and for a small org. that continued decades after the war, and in fact to this very day, well, i look at the "offerings" - the "variants" and the asking prices that vary between €198.- and €2500.- and that sums them up for me really.

okay just read those threads and for me the lack of evidence from Spain itself and very little about any coop between German youth movement makes me really wonder about these. This forum is famous for being able to produce written period documents on most of the subjects but these knives seem to be out of t he woodwork type things with no lineage. :canada1 We do have a few Spanish members here any thoughts boys?

Back