Hitler Youth display case for sale at a ridiculous price

Thanks Received
currently for sale on Wittman's site a nice display , tom does state that he is not sure if the cuffband is period or not , yours for $2495-00

steve

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

if the cuffband is indeed a fake then $2495 for 2 daggers and 2 basic badges is expensive as hell,

hj`s $400 each sometimes a lot cheaper
dj $80
prophicency badge $100

gives a grand total of $980

The cuffband is imitating an RZM pattern cuff; as such, definitely fake (bs for short).

Photo of an original Hitlerjugend cuff:

Attachments

If I could buy HJ's in that condition for $400 each, I'd have a very large collection of extremely good conditioned pieces!

Take a closer look at the knives - one appears to be an early no-ricasso knife, probably maker marked only, with motto in superb condition, and the other I suspect is a later RZM only, no-motto knife, also in top condition. This would lead me to believe the cuff title is a reproduction based on the prices that top condition HJ's are getting currently. I've seen knives in this type of condition sell for over $1000 each.

Regards

Russ

Last edited:
dont forget to add the value of the frame :rolleyes:$$$

if your going to spend that amount i hope theres decent piccies of the knives

I agree Mike - the knives look in top condition, but you'd need to see the reverse in case of any trapped moisture or humidity finding its way into the display case. Looks like it should be ok but TW's description says the box is sealed so I don't think pics of the reverse will be forthcoming. I think it will sell the way it is now though, but may take a while.

Regards

Russ

im sorry russ but i would never pay $1000 for a hj you can pick up good condition early,transitional and late hj`s on waf regularly for between $350 -$450 they may start at about $600 but they allways come down to the $400 mark unless they are amazing and then its $600 tops

Stu, I think you're correct on 'good condition' prices, but these are in a very high level of condition - not what you would normally see for sale on WAF that often, even for $600. I wouldn't pay that price either, but someone will. Mint or near mint HJ's are selling for over $1000 but you don't see them that often.

Regards

Russ

hi russ
i picked up a transitional tiger in amazing condition near mint for under $400 they are out there for this price, agreed they dont come up often but hj`s dont bring the prices other daggers bring, the daggers in the link are very nice daggers on that we both agree but they are also dealers prices if you was to buy one of these from another collector you can knock at least 25% of these prices if not more

Well done Stu - admit, they don't come around often at low prices! I also picked up two near mint HJ's for a total of $450 a couple of years ago - one with motto, one without, both from the same seller. I considered it my best buy ever!

True, dealer prices are over-inflated, but many people will pay these prices - and they keep on going up!

Regards

Russ

Last edited:
Back