Hitler Youth HJ knife M7/51 1937 opinions please

Thanks Received
I may have the opportunity to purchase this HJ Knife, but I would welcome opinions on it first. Two things that concern me are the ill-fitting diamond in the handle and the fact that the RZM and maker's marks appear to have been etched instead of stamped and that the are on the reverse of the blade, not the ricasso. I am not an expert so these may be OK or not, and there may be other things either OK or not.
I would be grateful for any opinions and attach some pictures.
Thanks,
Peter.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
hi peter

cant see any pics can you try uploading again please

I think its ok, if you search online for other examples by this maker you should be able to compare it. Of course a hands on is the real way to look at a hj knife, i dont see anything too scary

I think its ok, if you search online for other examples by this maker you should be able to compare it. Of course a hands on is the real way to look at a hj knife, i dont see anything too scary

Thanks Mike,
As you know I'm not that experienced, and all the HJ's I've looked at have the maker's info stamped into the reverse ricasso rather than etched on the blade.Also it looks a bit "pristine" around the ricasso area.
Thanks,
Peter.

Last edited:
Thanks Mike,
As you know I'm not that experienced, and all the HJ's I've looked at have the maker's info stamped into the reverse ricasso rather than etched on the blade.Also it looks a bit "pristine" around the ricasso area.
Thanks,
Peter.
I also thought that it looked a bit "pristine" around the ricasso area.
Peter.

You'll see many 1937 M7/51's that are etched on the reverse blade. Beautiful original knife!

Regards

Russ

You'll see many 1937 M7/51's that are etched on the reverse blade. Beautiful original knife!

Regards

Russ
Thanks Russ,
I will try and remember that.I couldn't get to the auction and left a bid totaling £260 including fees. I lost it by a fiver. I was gutted.
Peter.

Back