Hitler Youth HJ knife M7/67/39 Gottlieb Hammersfahr

Thanks Received
I have a question regarding the Gottlieb Hammersfahr. How difficult is it to find a non-early Gottlieb Hammersfahr (M7/67)? I've got an early one, but I wonder if the transitional/late Gottlieb Hammersfahr is quite rare. I've seen a couple of pics on the web.
Thanks for your feedback.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Interesting, don't think I've seen a number like that before (M7 followed by two further codes). Is the 39 the year of manufacture perhaps?

Hence my asking, crack. Gottlieb is a reputed manufacturer (especially in SS daggers) but not very common in HJ knives. I've got an early, non-ricasso Gottlieb, but difficult to find the one in the photo. Yes, I think 39 is the year of production.

Interesting, don't think I've seen a number like that before (M7 followed by two further codes). Is the 39 the year of manufacture perhaps?

Yes, the 39 is year of manufacture. Ricasso's marked in this way are quite common.

Regards

Russ

Here's an example from Anton Wingen Jr.

Regards

Russ

Attachments

HI

I also got one of these, same producer as Russ's

Michael :denmark

Attachments

Yes, the manufacturer's mark on the ricasso is quite common. What I don't know if those marked M//67 (by Gottlieb) on the ricasso are very rare to find

Back