Hitler Youth Honour Daggers and bayonets with engraved pommels?

Have a good look at the photograph where the boys is wearing the knife.
In fact it is a short bayonet: look at the upper part, the "head", where a
sort of "eye" is visible. Hardly visible, but it is! I do not know the word for
it, but such an eye is also present in a regular bayonet!

So, what the boy in fact is wearing, is in no way a knife as shown with various
posts by Joe. These knives do not have the "eye"!!

Last edited:
I agree this photo could be of a boy scout for all we know,no arm band no shoulder boards no insignia on cap,can't see the belt buckle but I would wager that it is not HJ

My God what a can of worms.So I can save my $2,900.00 bucks

I would advise to wait, because we all know what happens to fantasy daggers over time.... 2 examples:

Robert Iqbals HJ dagger with diamond on the scabbard was $750.- until it was discussed on WAF, now it went down to $500.-
Gottliebs fantasy birdheads was 69,995.- in December, until it was discussed at WAF, now it has gone down by 20,000.- and costs only $49,995.-

So wait, and you can surely buy one of these rarities for $0,99.- BUT BEWARE, after the USA militaria Mafia have all died, and that will be within the next 10 years, all this rare and wonderful stuff will become "questionable" because there will be no one to give it a Vet story, a thumbs up or other reasons why its Guaranteed Authentic...

Great research gents!

This forum should be called HJ Mythbusters.

Regards

Russ

I don't think the weapon shown in the pic is a bayonet.

It wouldn't make sense for a young kid to wear such an item.

To me, it looks like the knife, with a large quillon.

However, if we can get a better quality scan, we may be able to confirm.

I doubt very much there is any engraving!

Regards

Russ

Is this guy the current record holder for highest price? $5695

You don't have permission to view attachments.

or $4895 for those on a budget:

Attachments

Is this guy the current record holder for highest price? $5695

or $4895 for those on a budget:

Have to be the most expensive I've seen!

You'd have to be a soft touch to pay that sort of money for something so clearly questionable.

These also remind me of the SS combat bayonets with blade inscriptions and etchings on the pommel - they are extremely well done also, and are known fantasy items.

Regards

Russ

Let`s get the Johnson offering up here too.
Johnson Reference Books
Noted already that Ron Weinlands sold the SS version as the rarest SS knife a few years ago, posted by Paul A.
https://www.hj-research.com/forum/f...ife-ss-runes-engraving-3249/?highlight=honour
Crazy how the same small club of airheads have been getting away with peddling nonsense, and all covering for each other....all quoting each other, shilling for each other...
This comes in light of the recent Dagger Scam posted on the WAF.. same names.. same same..
F Herder SA Rohn Dagger - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Also, time for an updated collage

Attachments

Just had to update the above image, again!
On the War Wellics Forum, they love them, Bob Coleman even shilled for them, listen to this pathetic shill-pitch from user Bigmac666:
Pretty rare to scarce these knifes & this one has an upgrade with Stag griplates !

Ha ha ha ha, I did not just invent this, see for yourself on the Wellics forum.
HJ Youth Knife CARL WUSTHOF REAL or FANTASY?
"Upgraded" yes I kid you not, when fantasy crap has different grip plates added, like we find with the fantasy HJ Reichsparteitage knife and the fantasy HJ 1936 Olympics knife, that is now known as a period UPGRADE!
You cannot make this s**t up, you really can`t :pound:

At least the War Wellics Forum tells us who these knives were meant for.... Russel Crowe!

The fact that the period, correct, German umlaut ß is not used but instead the dead giveaway of American production SS is found on these, no, please, don`t let that bother you at all!
Ha ha ha. Correct would be, as is found on all SS Daggers, Meine Ehre Heißt Treue, and not .....Heisst......!
We already saw this recently with a fake wooden box sold by Walter Kanzler and given a thumbs up as original by Wittmann.

Here is the fake HJ wooden box that was recently sold by Walter Kanzler.... I showed this in a recent video about Walter and Tom
Note same American (foreigner) mistake, double "ss" instead of the correct umlaut ß.

Updated image, we have not followed these for quite some years now, so if anyone fimnds any more, please post them on this thread so we can track them.

Attachments

In the photo that shows the kid posing...if you look at the bayonet handle it looks to me like a strap with a snap to hold the bayonet in place ....not a grip diamond. JMHO.

Just seen that I missed one, so updated image again :w00t:

Attachments

The motel expert strikes yet again. With the upcoming SOS show stating "no reproduction or fantasy items" with swastikas will be allowed for sale, someone needs to notify the promoters when he, Witless, Jokeson, and the others put their fantasy made up crap out for all to see and the foolish to buy.

They all have their own websites for that. See the rubbish that Wittmann has been listing of late? Amazing, going down the same "clear out and sell up" road. For those that were around in 2010, they would have seen Beck Militaria do the same thing. They used to have some really good stuff for years, then all of a sudden total rubbish after rubbish was listed, then shortly after he passed away.
They just have no shame, no qualms and do not feel it nessesary to enter into any form of deabte about any of their "questionable items". They`ll just drop a name as evidence, regardless that that name also carries fakes, and writes books with ZERO footnotes or sources... that`s just enough for these old toads. As you read on the WAF thread, a simple image on Johnsons site - that does not even show the items in question & could have come from anywhere at any time - is enough evidence for Weinbottles. "Now shut up and eat your porridge. And don`t you dare question me again, boy!"

I saw this pic on Waf...the knife seems to have an engraved pommel....i'm confused

Attachments

Why are you confused?
Something is not right with this photo you show. The guy is wearing an outdated tinnie from may 1933 together with a RPT tinnie from 1934.
Nobody said a pommel could not be engraved... but, like I said, something is not right with this photo!

Maybe others can chime in on the insignia etc, to see if more things don`t add up.

These fantasy knives/daggers/Seitengewere sell for upwards of $2000.- so it would not be surprising to find a "handy photo" at some point, of the HJ, SS, NSDAP with celtic design :)

Attachments

As I see it, the issue with these knives is not whether an unauthorised, unofficial dagger might have existed with an engraved pommel/blade but rather the name that was given to them by dealers/certain authors i.e. "HJ honour dagger". Noone knows that to be true. In my eyes these are simply items that some people wore but for which there was no official authorisation.

As far as the photo goes, Jo is right. The person has badges/insignia dating to 1933 and 1934 but with the Schlageter rally having been a major event in 1933 may be why he is still wearing it. The RPT badge and the gold tress under the sleeve triangle both point to 1934 so that's fine. The belt buckle is the earlier SA pattern. What I can't really see though is clear proof that the pommel on his knife is engraved. Might just be my crappy monitor though...

Mr. Motel is crying for the "naysayers" to comment. I'm still waiting for that "misplaced photo" in his office of the "official DJ Knife" in wear he has claimed over and over to have.

They all have their own websites for that. See the rubbish that Wittmann has been listing of late? Amazing, going down the same "clear out and sell up" road. For those that were around in 2010, they would have seen Beck Militaria do the same thing. They used to have some really good stuff for years, then all of a sudden total rubbish after rubbish was listed, then shortly after he passed away.

And here's the same type of thing from Tom Johnson. This one just absolutely slays me .....

Johnson Reference Books

Back