Hitler Youth knife RZM M7/28 G. Felix, Gloriawerk Solingen - thoughts?

Garry

Admin
Thanks Received
What are your thoughts on this G. Felix HJ knife?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi Garry

My thoughts are, that it is a pitty that this transitional knife is in this bad condition (no diamont and missing some of the leatherhanger.
There are also some corrosion about the quillon, I miss some of the rounded part of the tip.
Abut the originality, I can only say :good: imo.

BUT I think that it still is collectibel, and if you are very handy you may be abel to ad an original diamont.

Michael :denmark

Hallo Garry,

IMO periodknife, that is..... periodparts, wether or not all parts have Always been together still remains to be seen.
But what I can see from the pics it seems to me the blade looks too clean in comparison to the pommel and the guard. (or blade has been cleaned?)
A blade wich has nearly no signs of pitting with together other parts who are heavily corroded, rivets surfaces of wich look as like they only have been put in place yesterday (no traces of surface wear) and gripplates who have no signs of any use......oh yes the diamond inlay is missing, so what.......?
Lately one can see a lot of knives wich have been reassembled with Original parts, unnecessary to mention that for a "diehard" collector these have no value whatsoever.
Based on these pictures alone I'm not entirely convinced these parts where all the time together to form this knife.
Anyway that is my opinion, and I have learned that when an item is purchased with some questionmarks,... overtime these become even bigger issues and after a time the piece itself looses for you as a collector his value. So when not 100% certain I like to stay away from these items and as the diamondinlay is missing it has lost to me already a lott of his value.

wizardelf
:belgium

The guys raise some interesting points, but I believe this is all original.

The blade condition does not look great from the maker mark pic you have provided - it shows some staining and wear. I'd like to see the other side of the blade as well if possible. But, from these pics, it looks like the condition is commensurate with the rest of the knife. This may not have been removed from the scabbard often, which, when this happens, often leaves a blade that does not appear to 'match' the rest of the knife, or dagger.

It looks to have been stored poorly, leaving rusty looking plate loss to the steel hilt. The plates look well fitted, but a reverse pic would be good also.

It appears to have a nice motto, from what I can see in the pic provided, but not having the diamond would make it less desireable to most collectors.

I don't think this would be a parts piece because, if the blade is in a very good condition, with a nice motto, it makes no sense to pair it with a very rough hilt with no diamond.

Regards

Russ

Many thanks for your opinions guys. I'm not looking to buy the knife but it was being offered by someone who has a few dodgy items for sale - good mixed in with bad. As this seems to be a maker that is seldom encountered I wondered whether the knife was dodgy too.

Back