HJ knife by Alcoso Solingen

Garry

Admin
Thanks Received
Found this on the net. Motto (strange etch) and high ricasso but no RZM. Alcoso is known as a manufacturer of Wehrmacht daggers but not of HJ knives. Huge rarity or post-war junk?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Where did you find that one Garry - do you have a link?

I don't believe they made HJ knives but I could be wrong. I don't like the look of the maker mark, would like to see some close up pics of the motto, diamond and maker mark.

Regards

Russ

In my 46 years as a collector in II WW-stuff I have never seen a HJ-knife made by Alcoso. I will not say that I have seen it all, but I would be very careful with this Alcoso-item. :amen:

Michael :denmark

Thanks guys. Definitely an oddity isn't it. I don't remember where I found the pics Russ. I had them on my hard drive and came across them when revamping the HJ knife wiki page.

Indeed. Had a very short life on ebay and was obviously deleted by them. Maybe because of an non-concealed motto. The price was 500 euros for a smaller so-called DJ version :huh:. Looked alike the one shown by Garry and non-period.

Alcoso was a legit maker of TR edged weapons like Garry said but is there an M/7 code for Alcoso?

Back