HJ Knife, authenticity opinions?

Thanks Received
I was wondering of I could get some opinions on the authenticity of this HJ knife. All of the RZM markings I have seen seem to be closer to the base of the blade. other than that, to me it seems ok. Other opinions?
You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

What is it about the scabbard that leads you to think it may not be original to the knife? The LFS stamp?

This isn't a transitional knife, no maker mark.

Regards

Russ

yeah i just noticed the a mark on the scabbard,thought it may be from a different maker,but if not thats cool,it probably is the origional scabbard.it is consistant with the rest of the knife so it very well could be.

si

No-one really knows what the LFS stamp stands for, or is, but it is often seen on the leather hanger of HJ scabbards. It is speculated that it is a manufacturer mark, which it most likely is, but there is no evidence as such to prove it that I'm aware of. I don't believe it has been seen on any other items but I stand to be corrected on that.

Regards

Russ

Here's a better pic of an LFS mark. The 'F' is on an oakleaf.

Regards

Russ

Attachments

I.m.o. you have a original RZM-type HJ-knife, and in a very nice condition too. :clap2:

It is not rare to see the RZM-mark placed as on your knife.

Michael :denmark

I agree, Michael.

The owner of this knife was concerned with authenticity.

I have experience from collecting, and researching, but before providing him with the most educated answer as possible, I wanted to consult this forum. Thanks to all for their time and knowledge.

-Craig

Back