HJ knife before 1945?

Thanks Received
Hello friends:yo:

what to you think about that knife. Is tit made before 1945 and does it fit to the scabbard. Thanks for looking.:001_smile:

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi Northwind - I think that better and close up pics is a must to judge your knife.

Michael

I would say that the pics are to bad to judge, but it looks original. In that condition it is hard to think that it is a copy . It would not buy it without better pics. :nono: The only reason to buy it could be a VERY, VERY low price. My advice is to find a better knife, it is not the rarest thing to find. Good luck.

Michael :denmark

OK. I mean, do you think there are late HJ knives without RZM tags, only manufactory tags like this Herbertz. Thanks: NW

NO, late knifes will i.m.o. always have RZM-code, and only that - early knifes have makers name/logo without RZM-code. The knife could be a non-HJ knife, the missing diamond could have been a scoutbadge. I am guessing now, but one never knows.

Michael

A non-HJ knife. That is my opinion too. So I keep my hands off. The scabbard is ok, but in a demaged and stainy condition. Thanks for answering: NW

What do you think about the scabbard? Are there any ones made after 1945 in this shape? Thanks.

Can you please place a link to the auction? I can't quite read the maker mark, and there were a few 'Herbertz' manufacturers and distributors based in Solingen. At first glance, I don't believe the knife is pre-45.

Regards

Russ

OK Russ. Its on ebay.de Look for HJ Fahrtenmesser. I ask the distributor about marks. Its only C. Jul. Herbertz. Nothing else. Is the scabbard before 1945. What do you think. Regards: NW

Ok, thanks. The scabbard looks original but Herbertz, C. Jul., Solingen-Merscheid was a wholesaler and distributor, not a manufacturer. I believe this is a post war piece, possibly with the Fleur-de-Lis scout emblem attached to the grip plate. They still operate today.

Regards

Russ

Attachments

Back