HJ knife in combat wear

Thanks Received
Here is a first for me. Often debated whether the HJ knife was ever worn in a combat situation, this photo shows that at least one SS soldier did.

Reproduced with permission from http://www.ssdaggers.com/

If you have a numbered SS dagger, Ross can be contacted at the above web address and he may be able to identify the owner for you - well worth checking out and a most interesting site.

Many thanks to Ross for permission to show this pic on the forum.

Regards

Russ

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
Last edited:
What a great photo. He probably whittled sticks with that knife as a small kid and there he is in battle with the same knife. It's the culmination of what Hitler had said years earlier isn't it: 'and they won't be free for the rest of their lives'

These soldats are from weapons platoon , mabye from Das Reich or Hitlerjugend.

Unless the sun is shining on it in the pic, the scabbard looks very well worn towards the bottom. I also like that two of these guys are holding pipes!

Regards

Russ

Can anyone make out the item just to the left of the knife? Is it a light of some kind? I too liked the pic, and face camo at the that.

Rob

Great photo, never seen one before with the dagger being worn before, cheers for posting. pete.

the picture looks a bit strange to me. Why the faces all darkened in a city? I can see the building and the kübelwagen parked . I would expect a similar "combat" picture on the front line or in combat, but it looks too posed ?

the picture looks a bit strange to me. Why the faces all darkened in a city? I can see the building and the kübelwagen parked . I would expect a similar "combat" picture on the front line or in combat, but it looks too posed ?

They are problibly in a training and not in combat .

It looks like a pocket light or flashlight. Sorry, I don't have one to show - maybe someone does.

Regards

Russ

Thanks Russ. I thought it was some sort of light with the lense at the top. If it is a light, I wonder just how bright and effective it would have been for field use, as it doesn't look to be all that big.

Rob

Back