HJ knife F.W. Höller RZM M7/37

Thanks Received
Hello,

a friend asked me from opinions about this F.W. Höller, RZM marked. I think of a transitional knife. Non-magnetic, schabbard L ? S marked. Are there any fake problems?

Thanks for your answers. Northwind

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

2 more pics

more

Attachments

Yes, an original knife but does anyone spot anything unusual about it?

Regards

Russ

Curious. According to RZM factory list F.W. Höller needs M7/33 and not M7/37 like this blade is marked. How do you explain this. Thanks: Northwind

Yes, well spotted.

There are quite a few blades with a maker mark to one company and an RZM mark to another.

My thoughts are that some companies may have had orders to fill quickly and didn't have enough blades on hand, so they bought them from another manufacturer, whose blades would have already had their maker mark stamped on them. Then, that company would add their own RZM mark to comply with the regulations. In this case, for Robert Klaas. I don't know if that theory is correct, but it does seem possible.

Regards

Russ

The stamp on the reverse of the leather hanger is LFS, with the 'F' on an oakleaf.

Not seen on all hangers and no-one at this time knows which company this refers to, except it was likely a leather manufacturer.

Regards

Russ

Here's a better pic of the LFS mark on the leather hanger.

Regards

Russ

Attachments

Back