HJ knife Heidelberger

Thanks Received
:001_smile: something new in my collection. I describe due to my language skill. The knife was found in an easter Germanys loft. Dirty and probably untouched. I think of an early one. Steel hilt, etched Motto almost invisible, but afterwords somehow scratched with a thin tool. Rivets non magnetic. Somehow odd, on both sides of the fingerguard are two smoothend rivets, different in size and location. Brown intact leather hanger with well used scabbard and one internal runner, means steel lip with leather application. Appreciate your oppinion about this knife.:yo:

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

HJ knife, more pictures

3 more pics.

Attachments

This looks like an original knife to me.

I haven't seen those marks on the finger guard before but I haven't seen everything.

I'm wondering if they are some type of pin placed to fix a broken hilt?

Regards

Russ

Thanks Russ,

I`m wondering too. Those metalic marks had been placed without any gaps into the fingerguard. The hilt is obvisiously not broken and the blade is moving a little bit in all directions. Could check it in the diamonds deep. Lets see if other collecters find similar knives. Regards NW

Sorry, I meant to say broken blade or tang, not hilt, but it doesn't really seem likely that this is the reason for the pins as I can't see how a break would have occurred inside the hilt, most intriguing!

Regards

Russ

Back