HJ knife - M7/2 rzm, with motto, no maker mark

Thanks Received
Nice interesting hj that belongs to a good friend on waf, very nice condition, looking for opinions on finding a price though:blink: the job i hate. We've got a figure in mind, just after some suggestions :thumbup1:

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

:blink:

lastly

Attachments

I would estimate the collector to collector price at 650 to 700 dollars. A major dealer would ask around 1000 due to the minty looking blade. These estimates assume that the minty blade has not been buffed to look as bright as it does. As photographed the blade looks OK to me. Mike

i myself have never seen an rzm mark like that on a hj blade before, and with motto? would like to see if anybody else has any the same. Pete.:huh:

Both Tom Wittmann and Lakesidetrader have a M7/2 HJ knife on their sites and the RZM mark does look different than the one pictured here. Theirs are smaller as is normally seen. Wittmanns blade is in fairly rough shape and hard to make out the details but Lakesidetraders RZM mark has a line going through both 7's. Mike

I just cannot remember seeing a motto blade with rzm only, yes the three with makers mark, i allways seemed to belive this transitional blades were as found, motto and maker then the rzm mark added after the regs came about, id like to hear more on these daggers with motto and rzm marking only, cheers pete.
p.s. or is there a maker and i cant see it on the blade mike?????

no maker mark nope, theres also m7/14 well known for rzm and motto, no maker logo. i have one of these myself

Theres always the exception, like the dual maker knives logo for one company rzm for another... have one of those too, i think its 7/36 & 7/37 horster and klaas? off top of my head my be wrong to exact maker

few piccies, apologies if poor quality from old files

1st is the dual maker

2-4th M7/14 seen a few dated 1936

Attachments

Last edited:
There are a few varying legitimate RZM marks for Voos knives.

Also, there are several examples of RZM only with motto from varying manufacturers. Some consider these to be the harder configurations to find.

Good score Mike - nice one !

Regards

Russ

both came off ebay, the dual from sweden, i didnt realise it was dual makers until i recieved it, obviously ran out of blades and had to nip down the competition for a few spares

the m7/14 i got via ebay again, bit closer to home about 70miles away met in Macdonalds to do the deal luckily was workin onsite that day very close, nipped out with a german architec to pick it up, she was actually quite interested... could have gone either way that one :laugh:

Found my way back on.
This is my HJ that Mike was helping with.
Suprised at a couple of comments so decided to upload some much better photos.

Attachments

As far as i know it has not been buffed, there is still crossgrain front & rear although slight.

Attachments

Nothing wrong with that knife Anthony, it's a beauty!

Regards

Russ

Nothing wrong with that knife Anthony, it's a beauty!

Regards

Russ
Thanks Russ, glad to know i'm not going mad!
Have had quite a few HJ's in my time, well 20+, so nothing compared to Mike!
This felt right from the first time i held it.
Love that trumpet banner in your avatar, took me soooo long to get one of those & as always Stu was a great help in verifying it for me. I always like a second opinion on cloth items.

Back