HJ Knife marked with RZM M6/3 1937. Is it a fake?

Thanks Received
RZM M6/3 1937

I would be grateful for opinions on what I consider to be a fake HJ Knife. I attach some pics.
Thanks,
Peter.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi Peter,

I ma not sure about the knife. But without any doubt, the scabbard is FAKE. I have taken your picture and added a couple of circles for you to see cleaerly.

A normal scabbard doesnt have that particular lip (marked in red in the picture), instead, if should have a rivet where the blue circle is (see also in the picture).

That are many examples in this section where you can see it clearly.

Regards

antonio

Attachments

Both the scabbard and the knife are reproductions Peter. As Antonio says, the lip on the scabbard gives it away straight away and 'M6' on the ricasso instead of the correct 'M7' for daggers seals the deal. 'M6' stood for aluminium items.

i was just gonna say, why the :censored: does it say M6 ? Obviously a Nice way of saying that its a repro. Why couldn't all fakers mark their stuff like this? woulda made life easier for us.

Thanks Operaman, Antonio, Garry and Metallwarenfabrik.
I thought that the lip on the scabbard was wrong, but didn't know about the M6 thing. I also thought that the fact that the RZM mark was on the same side as the motto was wrong.
Peter.

Back