Hj knife, motto but no maker/RZM mark?

Thanks Received
Hi all...i have a question that could be silly...i know that if a mottoed Hj knife has no maker mark it' s a big red flag...but its ALWAYS so?
I have seen a couple of mottoed knives form reputable collectors that doesn't show any maker mark (not wiped out)
I'd like your opinion
Many thanks

Hi all...i have a question that could be silly...i know that if a mottoed Hj knife has no maker mark it' s a big red flag...but its ALWAYS so?
I have seen a couple of mottoed knives form reputable collectors that doesn't show any maker mark (not wiped out)
I'd like your opinion
Many thanks
Is it possible to add a few links to the knives you have seen with no MM?
I have seen a couple of mottoed knives form reputable collectors

here the pics..is described as Wkc production :)

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Looks like one of Hermans knives, his photography has a certain style. The knife looks original from these two pics. As to why there is no maker or RZM mark, I don't know. Maybe very lightly struck or worn? Or perhaps it never had one?

Regards

Russ

Thanks Russel..so a knife with motto and without maker mark is not necessarily a fake...good to know
:)

I'd just check everything else carefully if there is no maker or RZM mark on a knife, so looking at the knife in the pics, it certainly looks to be an original one. If it belongs to Herman, I'm quite sure it will be legitimate, as to the reason that the mark can't be seen, who knows.

Regards

Russ

Back