HJ knife RZM M7/51/40 with bowie blade

Thanks Received
Step son collects historic knives, always wanted a HJ knife. So found a nice example from a reputable dealer. I can get money back if not happy. However this knife is in very good condition genuine scabbard gold border insignia which rattles when tapped, RZM M7/51/40, appropriate wear where expected. My issue is the blade is in extremely good condition and has a Bowie style tip, was assured this is a rare variant but I am unable to find any evidence of this.... Apparently this is made by anton wingen Jr. Can anyone enlighten me please

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
Do you have pictures and who is the dealer? The HJ knife had a standardised shape and design from 1933 which didn't include a bowie style of blade so the latter is more of a warning sign than a desirable feature.

Photo added, will hang back from dealer details just now as he says he gives full refunds. But disappointed as the knife is really nice. However if I have any issues I will name and shame. will keep dealer anon just now thats unless he goes against his promise on his web site to refund fully if not happy.

Agree with Crack, the blade has also been highly polished making it far less collectable anyway, so he's described it as a 'rare' variant. Good luck with the refund.

Regards

Russ

Just need the Hj camping axe and fleecing machete for a full show.

seller is adamant that knife is a genuine variant but refund given with no argument.

That's good, who was the dealer please?

Maintaining it's genuine just means he will take no notice of what he's been told, and will list and sell again with the same info...

Regards

Russ

seller is adamant that knife is a genuine variant but refund given with no argument.

If he is adamant, ask him to prove that the knife is a genuine variant. His proof is not permitted to include the following:

"it's in a collector book by xxxxxx"
"dealer xxxxxx says that these knives are rare variants"

This "reputable" dealer will be unable to provide any verifiable proof for the period existence of factory-made RZM HJ knives with bowie blades. I guarantee it.

Correct Garry!

That's why I doubt the description 'reputable' dealer. A 'reputable' dealer would not make this un-justified claim.

I feel sure he will not amend his description of the item.

Regards

Russ

Back