HJ knife RZM M7/66 with nordic scabbard

Thanks Received
Hello,

I picked up this well used Eickhorn knife RZM M7/66 and nro. 39. Is there any doubt of originality? The diamond is a bit moving. My questions touch this special scabbard too. It seems to be a finnish or norwegian one. There are still a few hairs from reindeer skin visible. The reverse shows lightly: "Sepp Oberschach(t)?"scrachted in. Obvisiously a German Soldiers name. Who could help to identify, mainly the scabbard.

Thanks for looking and answers. Northwind

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Northwind,

Hj knife by Eickhorn is 100% genuine :thumb:

Moving Hj insignia in the grip is a good sign & perfectly genuine as well !

i do no much about the scabbard but probably added post war imo.

Regards Mac 66.

I'd say the scabbard belongs to a different blade, looking at the shape and wear at the scabbard tip.

Regards

Russ

Thanks Mac,

what does nro. 39 mean? Year of producing? The jointleather(?)fits perfectly to the scabbards form. So it could be worn a long time. Regards: NW

Russ,

of course the scabbard belongs originally to another blade. But the blade of the Eickhorn is clearly in shape, too. Maybe, scandinavian members could say more. So, Finns and Norwegians are welcome to discuss.

One more question. What decade is the Eickhorn. Early or late version? The pins in the grip are magnetic. Of course iron made. Regards.

It is stamped 39 for 1939.

The hilt is made from zinc.

Regards

Russ

Zinc, nickel coated. OK. I mean the pins (german: Nieten). Those small pressed nails. They are magnetic, show a bit stain. Ironmade. Regards.

Yes, the rivets are steel.

I was just offering you some more info, but it appears as though you don't want it.

So, I will refrain..

Regards

Russ

Hi Russ,

why do you think I dont want your informations. I appreciate everything and from anyone seriously mentioned here in this forum and on this website. Problems result from different mother languages. Have a nice day: Northwind

Slowly making my way through everything posted. Yes, scabbard is Nordic and I would say it is from Finland. This type of scabbard was very common pre WWII, during the war and a bit up in the 50´s. It was a awarded Olympic Games knife from Helsinki in 1952. It can still be seen on newly made knifes but generally new knifes are smaller. Enclosing a picture from a wartime used "puukko" which is the Finnish name on these famous knifes.

Attachments

Moi Gismo,

thanks for general information about my scabbard. Its "kotelo" in Finnish. Puhutko Suomea. Minäkin, mutta ei sujuvasti.

Regards

Moi Northwind,

A better word for scabbard in Finnish is "tuppi" . All Finnish soldiers had their own puukko. These where privately purchased and not issued by the military.
There is a lot that can be told about these knifes. In a small place in Finland named Kauhava there is a knife museum. Very impressive.
After the start of "Operation Barbarossa" on June 22 the Cointuation war started by the Finns on June 25th. (1941)
I am enclosing one more picture of a uniform display NOT belonging to me how it could look.

Attachments

Moi Gismo,

a good idea to visit the museum in Kauhava. Its not far from home. I guess, my HJ knife with its Finnish scabbard belonged to a German soldier and was worn in the "Lappland war" between the German and Finnish "Waffenbrüder", forced by Stalin. I got it from US. It made a long way back home, the scabbard. terveisin

No, I bought it from a US collectors estate(perintö)and I will not sell my "Eickhorn knife".
There is no connection to huuto.net and to the seller from Hamburg. Sometimes he offers some interesting items, but usually to expensive.

Last edited:
Back