HJ Knife by Wilhem Weltersbach 1936 M7/22

Thanks Received
Hi

Today i got this HJ Knive made by Weltersbach
It is a transitional one i think it is the first time i se one.
It is a schame the grip emblem is missing but the blade is OK i think
Any opinions on this one?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Weltersbach knives come up every now and then, but this one is a little unusual.
It is an early, no ricasso knife, that has the RZM designation on the obverse of the blade. This is often seen on knives with a ricasso but less frequently on no-ricasso knives - very interesting, thanks for showing it.

Regards

Russ

Hmm,

really unusual.
This maker is not that often encountered and than having it been modified so it would fit the regulations of the timeperiod is really a unicum.:whoo:

Probably this blade, as it is an early fabricated one (no ricasso) was still in stock when the RZM regulations came out.
Sometimes to avoid hassle the maker would then before assembling the knife, take these allready prefabricated blades and transformed them in a RZM regulated ones by adding the etched RZM designation to it.
This is IMO the case with this one.

A nice find all together, sad to see the diamond inlay is not present.
wizardelf
:belgium

I agree with the above explanation from Wizardelf.

These knives are not often seen, so their contracts would have been small compared to other manufacturers. So they likely had leftover blades that were RZM marked to meet new regulations.

Similar in a way to the Grawiso and Grafrath knives which are always dated 1936, some with motto and some without.

It is a pity about the diamond, but I'd just leave it as it is.

Regards

Russ

"It is a pity about the diamond, but I'd just leave it as it is."

Good advice, it can be VERY hard to ad the diamond in the right way - and to glue it on is i.m.o. the worst thing to do.

By the way nice to se a rare maker in a Collection.

"It is a pity about the diamond, but I'd just leave it as it is."

Good advice, it can be VERY hard to ad the diamond in the right way - and to glue it on is i.m.o. the worst thing to do.

By the way nice to se a rare maker in a Collection.

Yes i think i leave it as it is
the blade is a beauty on it self

Back