HJ Leader dagger (Führerdolch) "Für Verdienste um die deutsche Jugend" - fake or real?

Thanks Received
My first post here. The item of interest is pictured below and those are the only pics I have. The red flags to me are 1.) its excellent condition and 2.) the eagle resting directly on the decorative band below it (on the scabbard). I'm aware that the case is new and it is advertised as such. Let me know what you guys think! My wallet is in the hands of this forum now. Thanks!

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

:yo:,

First of all, I want to emphatize that I am by no means an expert on these type of daggers.
In the field of daggers I only collect the transitional HJ types.
But what strikes me here is, is the motto of the HJ ; "Blut und Ehre" present or not? I thought these HJ leader daggers had them Always on the frontside of the blade,(that is up to today I never saw one without the motto present):001_unsure:

This would than mean, should a dagger, as should/could be here the case, given as some sort of accomplishement, this would than be on the reverse side of the blade, not......?

Indeed this one looks in pristine condition.
Always be on your guard if one is to encounter in such a state.:sneaky2:
What's the story on the box, newly made? Looks nice, well done what again would indicate some crafty people have worked on this. So IMO understandable your feeling of uncertainty about this dagger also,........?

Should it be given as a present, one could presume the leader in question maybe already had one in use and stored this one away,.....just making here an assumption.
The pics indeed I guess do not reveal enough details, to wether or not come to a conclusive answer, anyway not to me who is not an expert.

But if the seller is certain and genuine he will definetly present you on your demand more detailed pictures and is maeby even prepared if he's from your region that you get an inspection from up close with an expert on hand.
Does he offer a money return, should you afterwards come to the conclusion the piece is in fact a copy.....?
If he's certain, he will, if not just walk away. :i give up:
These pieces have been so much reproduced and it is far to easy too get burned and to loose out on your well and hard earned money.

wizardelf
:belgium

My first post here. Anyway. The item of interest is pictured below and those are the only pics I have. The red flags to me are 1.) its excellent condition and 2.) the eagle resting directly on the decorative band below it (on the scabbard). I'm aware that the case is new and it is advertised as such. Let me know what you guys think! My wallet is in the hands of this forum now. Thanks!

Hi and welcome to the forum. The Führerdolch you show there is a fake. No doubt.

Edit: the box was made by Skipper Greenwade. In 2008 it housed a different dagger.

Welcome to the forum.

I believe the only manufacturers of the Leaders dagger were Eickhorn (M7/66) and Horster (M7/36).

This one appears to be marked M7/33 for FW Holler.

Based on that, the unusual inscription in place of the motto, and other characteristics, I believe this is a fake.

Nice box though - who's selling this dagger, and how much is it?

Regards

Russ

Back