HJ Leader dagger (HJ-Führerdolch) with engraving - owner's initials?

Thanks Received
Dear Gents. I have HJ Führerdolch with engraving. Back side scabbard have letters H.S (I tnink that name of owner) and below Bann 399. I think posible will know who that HY mann. HY Leader not common dagger, and knows initials and regiment can know he. That dagger was discussion about originals at GDC and WMW forums.

From salesman words-"I got that dagger directly from the family of a WW II prisoner of War. After his release, the man worked for the Americans as a translator. He accompanied the Americans during their march trough Germany. It was around that time he captured the HJ Leader dagger together with a SA dagger and some other stuff. There was also a pristine cased EKI that I kept for myself. All the things were kept in the attic during many many years."

Please help me. Sorry for bad English.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

From the engraving , this dagger came from the town of Querfurt in Gebiet Mitte Mittelland.

From the engraving , this dagger came from the town of Querfurt in Gebiet Mitte Mittelland.

Thanks for answer. Maybe you can help me, where I get more information about Bann 399? And persons who served that Bann, in high officers rank and who had rights owned that kind dagger. Thank you for your help.

:yo:
Wow,
you've got yourself a real personalized HJ leader dagger.:good:
The first I've seen.Love it :001_tt1:
A piece to hold on.
Thx for sharing.
Wizardelf
:belgium

Folks not any idea.

I have answer from Ross Kelbaugh.
" There are few records for Hitler Youth personnel in the National Archives. If the person "H.S." joined the SS, there might be a small chance of finding him if he has a Race & Settlement File, has the required Lebenslauf, and specifically mentions being in the Bann 399. All of this would take a tremendous amount of time and still have little chance of being successful. I am sorry that I am unable to undertake this type of search due to the large number of SSresearch requests I receive for people that can be better documented."

Maybe I can get advice where I can buy information. I understand Bundeasarchiv not will search owner name, have only initials "H.S".
Thanks for you help.

Best Den.

Hi Den,

This is going to be very difficult. We have to hope that he survives in a period article or publication or, as Ross says, he may be found in records related to a later membership in the SS. I am looking in the resources I have here for someone with those initials in connection with that Bann. If I find anything I'll post it here.

I promised that I would return if I found anything useful so here goes:

"HS" Bann 399

Bann 399 was always within Gebiet 15 Mittelland so of course I looked for anyone with those initials and from that Gebiet who was awarded the dagger in 1938 and 1939 (those being the only years after 1937 for which I have complete lists). I didn't get a match there but I did find the following names with those initials who were awarded the Führerdolch in 1938 and 1939 respectively:

Herbert Stephan (noted as being a member of the Reichsjugendführung at the time of the award)

Helmut Schöner, Gebiet 3 Berlin

Heinrich Segelken, Gebiet 7 Nordsee

Hermann Schultz, Gebiet 7 Nordsee

Bannführer Helmut Schöne, Gebiet Ostland. Award date: 10.2.1939

Bannführer Hans Sierke, Gebiet Nordmark. Award date: 10.2.1939

Bannführer Herbert Strobel, Gebiet Sachsen. Award date: 10.2.1939

None of this answers your specific question but I hope that the info might act as a good lead towards establishing who the wearer was. I'll also look through the promotion lists and will filter potential candidates from there too.

Garry, Thanks.
Interesting information, I hope in future you can find more specific info.
Best regards Den.

No problem Den. The Bann number is of course a big help but clearly we'll need to see something like a number of Bannbefehle or Gebietsbefehle covering an extended period to see who is mentioned for 399. I'll keep looking though.

Back