HJ sport award knife

Thanks Received
Dear friends.
I am research any information about they sport award and HJ troop. :help: Sorry for my bad English.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi. This appears to be a knife dedicated to the Sportwart of Fähnlein 19 'Lützow', Jungbann 232. The Fähnlein location will not have been too far away from where the knife was made actually.

Lützow was a prussian Freikorps officer. The military was a popular theme for the Hitler Youth when it came to names for the DJ-Fähnlein and the HJ-Gefolgschaften.

I've not personally seen a knife engraved like this but it has a nice look to it. That means nothing though of course and I think we'd need to see the whole knife before being able to discuss it fully. Could you could post good pictures of the rest of the knife?

Dear Garry, thanks for you answer.That pictures for you request.
Best Den.

Attachments

The engraving looks quite neat, not to load as repros seem to be, id like to see a close up of the rzm mark though, looks a bit funky but that could be the photo, like i said quite a subtle little job which looks convincing. Pete.

Oops, missed this one. Thanks for the extra pics Den. Yes, I agree with Pete. It has the look of a nice period engraved knife. Always difficult with items like this because of course they are unique but I really like the look of this knife. Hopefully you'll be able to post a close-up of the RZM mark.

Hi Den,

Just for those who do not read German too well:
The writing says"Dem Sportwart". That means it was presented to the Person as a Gift who was responsible for all the sporting material of this Fähnlein. He was probably responsible for the storing and cleaning after use, sorting things out and repairing things. A hard and often not well honered job. But I think this guy did exceptionally well and was therefore honored with this knife.
I don't know about the exact HJ regulations concerning the tasks of a Sportwart, since I am not into HJ regulations.
I agree that the engraving is done the way it was done in the 1920s and 1930s.
Great find!:thumbup1:

Hi Christian,

The job of the Sportwart was a little more 'glamorous' than that :) He was responsible to the Gefolgschaftsführer for the physical training of the unit in accordance with the training manual 'HJ im Dienst'. I think the Sportwart would have got the other boys to put the kit away to be honest :)

Sportwart

Hi Garry,

nice to know. This is the way meanings in languages have changed from then to now. :001_unsure:
So the Sportwart was responsible leader for the sporting activities as far as I understand now. That makes it a bit more common to be presented with something as expensive as a HJ knife.
Nevertheless a beautiful and rare item!

Christian

Thank you all for your attention to my topic. Stamp RZM has a small repair. Part of the stigma is engraved over the original etching.
If I understand you correctly, this knife is not a reward for athletic performance and issued the Sports eldest in the group "Lutzow"(squad).

Attachments

Yes, this Sportwart may have been presented with this knife on the occasion of his leaving the HJ to go to the RAD for example. I guess we'll never know but it certainly looks like his boys/his Fähnleinführer liked him.

I have something similar which was presented to Lutz Schmidt who founded Kameradschaft 5 'Gorch Fock' which was part of Gefolgschaft 7, Bann 141. He was given the honorary title 'Kameradschaftsführer 5' when he left the HJ in 1936.

Attachments

Thanks for the extra shot, look im no expert and as ive said i like the way the engraving is done but does the rzm logo look strange?? Id really like some better members who know knives to chime in here, it could be the way this maker did there marks, i do hope so. regards Pete.

I've asked Mike to pop in and have a look at this one Pete. He'll be able to say whether the RZM mark is okay or not I think.

Thank for yours help.
In my mind, part RZM logo was engraved over the original etching in same time with all engraving.

Sorry for off-top. If a little dream up, we can suppose. That the senior group had that personal knife, and after his dismissal as a sign of his efforts guys have made him a dedication on the blade. But for the time stamp of the existence RZM was poorly discernible and renew its dedication to the engraver when applied to a blade.

It would be nice to see close ups front and back of the grips but from the rzm marks the markings off memory dont cause any cause for concern. ive seen other hjs marked like this, and in several variations by Herder

Gentlemen, I found this article in a German newspaper - Solinger Tageblatt.05.12.38. Do you think this knife could be a gift for the coach of this soccer team? I know from the branding the knife is from the 40th year of production, but is it possible that this coach could have continued to serve in this unit? As far as my knowledge and google translator goes it is Fahnleinfuhrer Bledmann. thanks.

Attachments

Gentlemen, I found this article in a German newspaper - Solinger Tageblatt.05.12.38. Do you think this knife could be a gift for the coach of this soccer team?

Hi,

the article says that the Fähnleinführer presented a teacher by the name of Hunscheid with a photograph of the Fähnlein 19/232 football team in recognition of his support for the sports group in Solingen-Krahenhoh.

Thanks for clarifying. This is all due to my poor knowledge of the language. I found a number of other articles where the merits of this Feinlein in various sporting events are mentioned. Skiing, hiking and more. The name Bleckmann is also mentioned several times. I made a mistake in the first message. That's why I thought, what if there were good sports results in this squad. So this knife could be a present for this HJ member? Or I'm trying to fit the story to the facts I've found. Thank you.

Attachments

No probs Den. I personally don't doubt for a second that HJ knives were presented on occasion with special/personal engravings. I will try to find it but I do have somewhere an article regarding a Gauleiter who awarded standard HJ knives to 10 boys with "a special engraving". I may have posted the article on the forum last year. Hopefully I can find it again.

Back