Hitler Youth knife: Incredible fake or an Incredible find, you tell me?

Thanks Received
I started collecting Hitler Youth knives a little while back. My collection is small and I'm still constantly learning about them. A friend of mine new I collected them and discovered this in a shop overseas and brought it back to me. Is this an incredible fake or an incredible find? I've tried to look on the internet to find a knife that looks similar with this emblem but have not found one. Could you shed some light on it and provide any info?

Thank you
Eddie Lamb

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
Hi Eddie

First of all, welcome to this forum - the best place :clap2: to discus/learn about items from HJ.

From the pic, I can only judge the grip inlay - and for sure i.m.h.o. that is a terrible fantasy item.

If you want a judgement of the rest of the knife, then you have to make more close up pics.

Michael :denmark

Hi AcidElvis,
I agree that the emblem is a very roughly "Home made" one. The grip looks as if it has been heated up at one time. It would be nice to have some more pics of it, so that one could comment on the rest of the knife.
Peter

The grip plates are also really bad! Not to mention the diamond. The hilt doesn't match the plates, it looks bigger... This is a fantasy item, nothing to do with the beauty of a genuine HJ knife. Sorry to tell you.

Back