Johnson Militaria - The Hitler Youth Axe

Thanks Received
New update, and marked SOLD. The Hitler Youth Axe !
LINK

:sad: He is like Snyder, he just doesn't give a rats ass what he lists... :good: funny really, but sad for those who take him on his every word.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
The HJ variant saw back is also shameful ...

Attachments

Im afraid i know the answer already, but..(as i can't see it in the pictures) is he selling these advertised under a phantasy section? And even if he did, it would still not be a good thing to sell crap like this on a site of a "respected" dealer of original items. At moments like this i fear with great fears for the future of our hobby.

As a non dagger (nor HJ) collector, i can't help but think what's the use of a screwdriver on an axe? Anyone who has ever handled an axe knows how sharp those are and NOT to handle the blade (not to mention the oil on it after useage). And that large DRGM mark must be a record too. Who is crazy enough to buy these things? The onyl logic i can think of is that he is marking them sold himself or that he wants to destroy his reputation on purpose! Just crazy!

I've seen this one before somewhere, or at least another one like it.

He has done himself out of a couple of hundred bucks because the handle end is actually a screwdriver...

I guess it's screw it first, and if that doesn't work, smash it.

I also had a lot of respect for this guy, but with him promoting this sort of garbage, and his un-attributed green diamond HJ knife, it appears that his only interest is income at any and all costs. Screw the collector for all he's got.

Regards

Russ

Last edited:
"Rust speckling to backstraps".

Huh, what the heck is a backstrap on this thing?

Must be a hasty copy and paste from some other piece of crap he's selling.

I wonder if the buyer questioned that?

And Johnson should know that DRGM is not a maker...

Oh, that's right, he does know.

Just like he knows this is a crock.

Regards

Russ

....and his un-attributed green diamond HJ knife,
Yes, THIS ONE.

I was in contact with Tom Wittmann before Xmas, and shortly after. I wanted to know what his "evidence" was, for the existence of the HJ-Reichsparteitage and DJ-knives that he listed.

His reply was: "I believe that Tom Johnson has a photo of the box that they were found in, at a German show."
I asked him if this statement, "that Tom Johnson "may" have a photo, of a box, taken at some German militaria show,..." was the evidence.
To which he replied; "Yes, this is the evidence."

So he obviously believes Tom Johnson on his word, of a possible photo of a box, taken at some German militaria show... and that`s enough for him to go ahead and list knife after knife at stupid prices.. but after seeing the last few POS that Johnson has listed; The green HJ, the Saw-back HJ variant, the Screwdriver-Axe combo... well, you know what i am getting at...

Garry... wheres your big fleecing machete? Did you lend it out?

I did say last year what i thought was happening, and the way it would go....and that we will see much more of this "Becks Militaria" mentality.... or House of History mentality.... sites that used to be good, dealers who reaped good praise for selling great stuff for years.. and then all of a sudden they go downhill and start listing all kinds of laughable crap. This screwdriver-Axe combo is surely a slap in the faces of those who have bought daggers from these "hero's" for years and lapped up their "expert opinions". How many times have we seen the names Tom Johnson and Tom Wittmann roped into a debate about something, and ultimately used as "proof" or "evidence" when facts are lacking? many times... thing is though, no matter what knowledge you have/had... you list an item like this, and SELL IT, for all to see, you loose any credibility. Next time anyone wants to rope this dealers name into a debate, and use it to carry any weight, this thread can be pointed back to.

JO interesting comments from WITTMAN as he was previously saying that he had a picture as evidence and would produce it in time, that was years ago. Now you are saying all this bullshit is predicated on the picture of a box hell just how far can an ego be stretched . Like you said JOHNSON WAS IS A SUPER STAR in the field, I bought my chained SS from him , my Political dagger and many others smalls now he has done this to the hobby and enters the hall of shame with Wittman GOTTLIEB and many others :canada1

fauxpas - collective

"Rust speckling to backstraps".

Huh, what the heck is a backstrap on this thing?

Must be a hasty copy and paste from some other piece of crap he's selling.
LOL, yes, and what is:

DGRM in raised letters on axe head. Custom made axe shows surface wear and rust speckling to backstraps. Black bakelite grip plates are custom fit to axe grip with undamaged HJ emblem properly inset into obverse grip plate. EX+ (28862) SOLD
• A custom made Axe?
• HJ emblem properly set into obverse grip?

What would not be properly set? glued on...stapled on...nailed on?

Why has the word "properly" been used here? To indicate that it has passed an inspection, that it is "proper" to a period item.. that it is correct.. Cleverly placed word in that description, well part of, the copied & pasted part about rust on the backstraps is rather annoying, but was obviously not picked up on by the buyer - i guess they were just overcome with the huge DRGM! (According to the description it is DGRM)

Really peas-poor offering, & without even paying much attention to the correctness of the description, other than to sneak in the word "PROPER" to reassure the willing that all`s well.
Is there a forum on the net when this would actually get a thumbs up?

Yes, going back a few years, I asked Frederick Stephens to pose some questions to the 'expert panel' at the MAX show about the so called BDM/DJ knife.

Tom Wittmann said he had a period photograph of it in wear, and was going to show it to Frederick, but he still can't find it....all these years later...

These guys are getting old, time to clear out the crap at high prices to gullible collectors - it makes me sick.

Regards

Russ

Hitler Youth Axe (#28862) Maker: DGRM in raised letters on axe head. ; Condition: EX+; SOLD
$390.00 DGRM in raised letters on axe head. Custom made axe shows surface wear and rust speckling to backstraps. Black bakelite grip plates are custom fit to axe grip with undamaged HJ emblem properly inset into obverse grip plate. EX+ (28862) SOLD

I looked up the whole description and then it suddenly hit me: wouldn't he make these descriptions on purpose? Legally it is not wrong what is typed? If someone ever in the future complains he can point to this description and say: but the HJ emblem IS properly attached, the only name on there IS drgm, blabla. It even looks to be a custom made piece (of crap of course) instead of a period WWII item. A lawyer or judge could even say he is in his right and that is a custom made "collectable"?

Gaston

Last edited by a moderator:
legality the wording means nothing it simply comes down to wording it so the trusting collector gets sucked into the vortex of a trusted dealer :canada1

Last edited:
Gaston yes i thought about that, but because part of it is a clear copy and paste from a totally different item, i thought maybe not. Maybe his just has a huge word file with phrases in it, and copies bits out to use in the descriptions. Would save time, and would also explain all the BDM and DJ knives descriptions - a tippfehler LOL.....

Back