At last got a HJ knife - M7/33

Thanks Received
dont laugh guys my first hj knife just one of those items i keep looking over and never get well at last i have a example picked up from the show enjoy steve

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Steve, looks like that show was a good one. If you need to get rid of some straps to make room for the knife in your display let me know!!:001_tt2:

Hi Steve, can you show us some more pics of your HJ?

Regards

Russ

if its def m7/13 then its made by

Arthur Schüttelhofer & Co., Solingen-Wald

must have been a very big maker as i see more hj`s by this maker than any other is it a early, transitional or late dagger

hi guys well the maker is FW Holler Solingen rzm M7/33

and darin getting the knife and finding space is the least of my problems but good try young man :thumbup:

hi russ i will try and take some new pics of the bunker in the next couple of days for you cheers steve

Thanks Steve - M7/13 is regarded as the most commonly seen RZM maker code - hence the guess!

Regards

Russ

That blade looks like a keeper Steve very nice again m8.It seems the show was good for you

Congratulations... lets see some more photos :p

I bought this from Steve a few years ago, does anyone have any thoughts on the logo and/or year?

Attachments

Hi Werwolf

I am not quite sure that I understand your question, but I will try to answer in the way I think you mean.

The trademark is nice - and with RZM-code too - super. I have found a trademark just like yours on an SA-dagger, so do not worry about the logo on your HJ-knife.

The age of your HJ-knife: If it is without "Blut und Ehre" it could not be from beginning/middle of 1938 or before, as the "Blut und Ehre" inscription ceased to be used at some point in 1938.
The latest HJ-knifes was normally only with RZM-code (but not always). So my guess is that your HJ-knife is from late 1938 to beginning /middle of 1940.

I hope to have answered your questions in the way you wanted :yo:

Michael :denmark

Attachments

Hi Werwolf

I am not quite sure that I understand your question, but I will try to answer in the way I think you mean.

The trademark is nice - and with RZM-code too - super. I have found a trademark just like yours on an SA-dagger, so do not worry about the logo on your HJ-knife.

The age of your HJ-knife: If it is without "Blut und Ehre" it could not be from beginning/middle of 1938 or before, as the "Blut und Ehre" inscription ceased to be used at some point in 1938.
The latest HJ-knifes was normally only with RZM-code (but not always). So my guess is that your HJ-knife is from late 1938 to beginning /middle of 1940.

I hope to have answered your questions in the way you wanted :yo:

Thanks Michael, that’s exactly what i wanted to know.

The thing that’s always concerned me a little bit is the double mark. I’ve seen it on other blades by F.W.Holler but never on a HJ knife.

As for the date, i too thought it was likely to be from around 1938-40 but wasn’t sure.

Thanks for the reply, i really appreciate the information :good:.

Dean :eng

Hi Dean

Nice, that I could help you.

Do not worry about double marks, I have 6 HJ-knifes, and 2 of them are double marked.

The first one is here:

And the second one is her:

The second one looked strange to me, but it was OK - se this thread:

HJ Knife - "Christmas tree" maker mark

By the way, here is a pic of my HJ-knifes and my leaders dagger.

Attachments

That is a great looking display Michael :yo:, and as for the leaders Dagger you’re a fortunate man to have one in your collection.
Have you seen the prices that they’re going for at the moment?,
I know that rarity & desirability etc dictate the prices but unfortunately they also put owning one out of my financial reach at present, but one day,,,who knows!?

Hi again Dean

Yes, I know the high prices on HJ leaders daggers, but surprisingly the hangers are almost as expensive as the dagger.

I got the dagger with the matching hangers from a good friend several years ago at a VERY reasonable price, and I still love it :001_tt1:

My first started thread (Dec. 2013) on this forum was about the producer of the hangers, you can se it here:

Producer of hangers for HJ Führerdolch

If you really want a leaders dagger - never give up, maybe someday you are the lucky guy to get one :thumb:

Good hunting out there.

Back