Let's talk about the 'Deutsches Jungvolk knife' and the 'BDM knife'

From The Ruptured Duck.

No pics required, just the usual junk.

Regards

Russ

E-482a BDM Knife
Seldom-encountered knife that was available to the female youth members. This is identical to the DJ knife, except it lacks the diamond on the scabbard. The aluminum fittings are excellent. The plain black checkered bakelite grips are perfect. The black enamel scabbard paint is 65% present. Most of which is missing is from the reverse. The blade has one spot on obverse and reverse where the interior scabbard runners came in contact. Felt buffer is intact. Black leather belt loop and retaining strap also function. Overall condition near excellent!
$450.00

E-482 Desirable DJ Knife
Here’s another one I haven’t been able to offer you for quite some time! The aluminum fittings are excellent. The black, unadorned checkered bakelite handles are perfect. The scabbard enameled paint is 98% intact. The HJ diamond is still affixed to the scabbard and quickly identifies this as a Deutsches Jungvolk knife. The unmarked blade has one rust area where the interior scabbard bands came in contact with it over the years. This is present on both the obverse and the reverse. The felt buffer is place. The leather belt loop and retaining strap are excellent. Overall condition near excellent. Quite a find!
$895.00

Yes, pics definitely required. I wonder how many people he has fleeced in his time?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hopefully the word has spread right through the collecting community now that these DJ Knifes are BOGUS!!

Hi,

As so many, when I started out collecting I was at the start unsure of what I really wanted to collect and as a result lett me lead to much by other people, the so-called experts. And as beeing green behing the ears, one day I stumbled over a website (of a wellknown trader/collector and author of books handling these things) where this knife was beeing offered. :001_rolleyes:
Well,... offered is not the right word considering what I paid for it.
:crying:
But at that time I praised myself lucky to have fallen on this occasion and as a result I jumped with my two feet in this trap.
I bought the knife.
Now about seven years later, I know better I was......ripped of.
:Cry:
Untill now, I've never seen one picture, nor read any piece that describes that the DJ or BDM (some pretend this was for the BDM) used this knife.
This seller states you have lifetime warranty in case of it beeing a bogus item, but we all know that, since "all the so-called experts/ sellers" will cover each others back, so who is going to state that the knife, I bought is in fact the product of a very imaginate person, and has nothing to do with history?
:confused1:
So.... I need to swallow this bitter pill and hope in posting my experience, that this can in fact prevend any other starter-collector in making the same mistake I made.
Mike
:belgium

Hi,

As so many, when I started out collecting I was at the start unsure of what I really wanted to collect and as a result lett me lead to much by other people, the so-called experts. And as beeing green behing the ears, one day I stumbled over a website (of a wellknown trader/collector and author of books handling these things) where this knife was beeing offered. :001_rolleyes:
Well,... offered is not the right word considering what I paid for it.
:crying:
But at that time I praised myself lucky to have fallen on this occasion and as a result I jumped with my two feet in this trap.
I bought the knife.
Now about seven years later, I know better I was......ripped of.
:Cry:
Untill now, I've never seen one picture, nor read any piece that describes that the DJ or BDM (some pretend this was for the BDM) used this knife.
This seller states you have lifetime warranty in case of it beeing a bogus item, but we all know that, since "all the so-called experts/ sellers" will cover each others back, so who is going to state that the knife, I bought is in fact the product of a very imaginate person, and has nothing to do with history?
:confused1:
So.... I need to swallow this bitter pill and hope in posting my experience, that this can in fact prevend any other starter-collector in making the same mistake I made.
Mike

Mike,

Do not lie down to this as a bad purchase mistake from the past, many other collectors were duped as well & are still being duped by these dealers, email the dealer stating what you know to be the truth about these DJ knifes being a made up story ect & you want a full refund, add links to this thread & WAF & GDC threads, also remind him of his lifetime Guarantee !!

Regards Mac 66.

Mike,
Do not lie down to this as a bad purchase mistake from the past, many other collectors were duped as well & are still being duped by these dealers, email the dealer stating what you know to be the truth about these DJ knifes being a made up story ect & you want a full refund, add links to this thread & WAF & GDC threads, also remind him of his lifetime Guarantee !!
Regards Mac 66.
That sounds like a great idea. But will it work? I wonder now, what excuse could he use, to NOT give you a refund?

Good luck!

I doubt you would get a refund from any dealer who sells these as genuine pieces.

Because, who decides they are geniune?

Why, their fellow dealers of course!

Regards

Russ

Russ,

I share your opinion. I do not think this person, who has a "reputation" to uphold, and has in the past even by guys from this forum been asked in other cases to present arguments to prove authenticity of items or to back up his statements, here on this forum and he has never taken up the gloves apparently.
So what does this tells us.......:thumbdown:
So I'm not expecting a lot, but nevertheless if I find some time,next week, I'll search for the original description (wich I've put in my archives)of this knife wich was copied with his approval from his website.
And with his own description as an attachement, I'll sent him a mail to demand some explanation and a settlement for a refund of my money paid.

I'll keep you all posted,
Mike

As a newbie and not having read the whole of this thread,I like to keep an open mind and was lucky enough to see a badge that had been removed from the scabbard revealing an rzm mark this seems unusual .
gov

Back