Let's talk about the 'Deutsches Jungvolk knife' and the 'BDM knife'

Wittmann has radically changed his stance on the "DJ" knife hasn't he. You can see from that description that he is aware of the widespread misgivings about these knives. I think that our forum has played it's part in this. The confident Wittmann tone has gone and has been replaced with a vague unverified story that latches onto Weinand's revised opinion of these knives. We cover this in the HJ-Wiki article here.

"It is my opinion that a DJ knife did not actually exist"
Mr T TWittmann 2014

Would I pay this guy 500 bucks for his opinion? Absolutely not.

Yes i agree. The dealers all have their loyal sheep-slaves that rapport back to them when grizzly stuff is posted on forums.
$500.- for a Tom Wittmann expertise? may as well just put a lighter to that bundle of notes..
The question is: How many are reading posts like this, and have left 5-6 figures amounts with Tom & Jerry... err.. i mean Tom & Tom... and the few that are slaves to their command?
I wonder how much Detlev Niemann charged for the CoA on the utterly bogus HJ gold badge? (On German Combat Awards there is someone standing up for that POS badge marked BM/122 :) )

500 for his blessing? indeed, now you know how he got so... fat :) Common sense should prevail when you look at the crap he sells, and has sold, and all his invented fables and twisted history.
I feel good that posts like this are made public, with images, so all can see the fleecing... i dont even feel sad for the buyer really..... i mean, stick your hands into a wasps nest, and then give the nest a good kicking, what do you expect? that the wasps wont sting you?

I have the DJ knive of my uncle Erich!I get it at 10 like he!every boy in the rural areas of Austria like to have a knife.
what for a nice toy for a boy.he says to me now you are old enough to have a knife,dont use it for bad actions!
be careful and dont hurt yourself!

Admin Edit: it has been over a month now and no further responses from "horst" have been posted. My opinion? "horst" is a shill.

Hi Horst, can you please post a pic of your uncle's knife?

Regards

Russ

Perfect timing!

When people go and do this sort of thing to these knives, they continue to add to the vast array of endless versions seen... Interestingly, this one has the type of stretched grip plate seen on early HJ knives, so no doubt this is an 'early' version with motto but no diamond, known as the 'birthday presentation' type!

Regards

Russ

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

"I have the DJ knive of my uncle Erich!"

No sir, pictures or you are just a shill for Mr W and his cohort of dodgy dealers and scared collectors.

And here we have yet another pearler from Wittman - another variation description if you please.

Regards

Russ
Wittmann Militaria on his sales page said:
YK #38203C Late DJ Knife

This Dj Knife would have been one of the last HJ pieces made before the end of the war. These knives do not have the HJ insignia on the scabbard as their predecessors did.

The hilt is of aluminum and is in pristine condition. The grip plates are of black checkered Bakelite retained by a pair of aluminum rivets.
The scabbard is in choice condition, having perfect paint on the reverse. The obverse has only a few minor scrapes. Overall this original paint is 99% intact.
Attached to the scabbard is a fine black leather belt loop and retainer strap with a working snap. This loop retains the original shiny black surfaces and is nearly pristine.
The slab-sided blade has no ricasso. It retains 100% of the original grain and has a fine tan felt blade buffer.
A fine example here, of a type that collectors have had their doubts about for years because of the lack of swastikas. This is, of course, utter nonsense.
Near Mint. $795.00

And get this one!

The bullshit is really flowing here: Last ditch, interchangeable between the HJ and DJ, late issued variant!!

Who is the distributor?

Where were they issued from?

Where is the regulation?

Late issue? Where's the RZM number?

No maker or RZM? Another one for a sucker.

As long as the suckers keep buying them, the dealers will keep selling them.

Excuse me, but this p****s me off!

Regards

Russ
Wittmann Militaria on his sales page said:
HYK #36443C Late DJ Knife
This “DJ” Knife is the style that does not have the swastika applied to the scabbard. This probably was is a example of “last ditch” production, an effort by the NSDAP to provided knives to the HJ, which continued to exist to the bitter end of the war. As we now know, the DJ Knife was never a specific piece slated for the DL alone. The so-called “DJ” version we see is simply a cheaper, late issued variant of the standard knife. In other words, the HJ and DJ knives were totally interchangeable with the organizations.
This example has all aluminum hilt mounts, and they are pristine throughout. The pommel has the silhouette of an eagle's head, and a quillon which rises upward to a teardrop. The grip plates are of black Bakelite or celluloid, having a checkered finish. These plates are retained by aluminum rivets, having dressed heads on the obverse.
The scabbard is straight throughout, and has pristine, full Mint original black paint. The leather belt loop is in place and complete with a retainer loop and working snap. This leather in in Near Mint condition.
The single-edged, slab blade is without a ricasso, and is is still bright and Mint throughout. It retains 100% of the original cross-grain, with a needle-like tip at the end. The original brown felt blade buffer in in place , keeping this blade in a Mint state.
If you are collecting HJ daggers, you certainly need this version of the knife. This is an exceptional example and would fit perfectly into an advanced collection.
Mint. $795.00

Last edited:
With many thanks to Jo for uncovering this pile of rubbish, note the bag marked Olympiade Berlin 1936 is marked M4/46.

Knives came under the RZM designation M7, not M4, which I believe is for Buckles.

Will be interesting to see how the sellers of these Olympic knives can explain away that one...

No doubt we'll see a bag for the "DJ" knife and the "BDM" knife sometime soon...

Regards

Russ

Attachments

Our member "Horst" didn't return to show his knife I see. Definitely a shill.

Nice knife and bag up for auction soon at HH.
And yes.. what happened to Horst and the knife his uncle gave him?

Attachments

I think we should consider "Horst" into the class: "much ado about nothing"!!
Just small talk!

Yes definitely. He made his post on the 5th of Feb and came back the next day (for the last time) when he would have seen all of the replies from forum members. Between his uncle and the knife only one of them actually existed outside of Horst's head.

"A fine example here, of a type that collectors have had their doubts about for years because of the lack of swastikas. This is, of course, utter nonsense."

Now he's claiming that collectors have doubts because of the lack of swastikas? No. Collectors have doubts because not one piece of period evidence exists to support the claim that this "camp" knife is in fact H.J. or D.J. issue regulation kit. This guy just keeps changing the story all the time. He seems to come up with something else at least once a month or so. First it was "I have a photo of one in wear in my office but can't find it", then "The Colonel has seen documentation", then "last ditch as the Reich was burning down and the T 34's were rolling up the street.". It's laughable that anyone gives this Charlton any credibility at all anymore In the old west guys like him were known as "Snake Oil Salesmen" because they sold phony elixers to cure all manner of health problems. Most of the exliers were a mixture of whiskey and chewing tobacco and cocaine.

Is it just me that wonders how these people sleep at night? How come they get away with it so much, why is it that the evidence that is produced fails to impress a single one? Didn't we have all this "crap" flying about regarding the champagne SS decals. I know one high end "pot" collector that called these out 6 years ago, and was poo pooed by the "big guns" The same big guns that supplied their own authenticity certificates saying the decals were 100% real, and they were the ones producing them!! In any other industry - a car perhaps - you make false claims you pay the price - people loose confidence and buy somewhere else - how come these "fools" are still merrily ripping people off? It is beyond me :(

The answer to your last question John is 1, because people believe what they say is true, and 2, money.

From dealers who in the past have sold HJ knives maker marked M6, and an HJ knife with a green diamond, as genuine period knives, for a lot of money...

Regards

Russ

Back