Let's talk about the 'Deutsches Jungvolk knife' and the 'BDM knife'

I don't know if any of you have seen it but the WAF DJ knife thread has had a little resurrection lately. Bob Iqbal of collector to collector militaria, has been repeatedly claiming that the knives are "real" but refuses to say why. It seems clear to me that he simply can't say why or won't say why. His statement is so dumb that he must be talking about specific knives being real but he won't even say which ones he means. Same old story over there. Evade, evade and wait until the moderator saves the sponsor. It seems to me that he is deliberately muddying the waters on these knives.

I read it Garry. How stupid can people be??

As I say very often: as when in the Mitteilungsblatt der RZM
they constant speak about a HJ und DJ Fahrtenmesser, this
should say enough about the fact there is only one knife. And
this goes on until the last moment. Maybe there were plans, but
this is neither ever mentioned in any HJ-source from those days.

But that is the problem:
a) one cannot read;
b) one cannot read German or Gothic scrip;
c) one just parrots what those brainless
"hot-shots" say!

When I started collecting I got a list from a guy in Hagen (Germany),
who sold pratically every dagger and sword ever made from the TR-
period. The DJ dagger was also included (having no knowledge then
I intended to buy one). However all of its items were produced after
the war. This was in about 1970/1971. This is over 45 years ago.
Most of those "hot-shots" were just snotnoses.

Thanks Wim. I totally agree. These people are simply ignoring the evidence against the knives in favour of what Wittmann or Johnson etc say about them. We cannot prove 100% that the DJ knife did not exist but even if we only offered one piece of period evidence it would be one more than they have.

Yes but Garry, this is just typical scoundrel behaviour.
Someone invented a fantasy Order for DJ knives, a piece of paper that Ratisbons tried to sell a year ago. from late 1944....
It must have been an American, who did not realize that all of these were prohibited already at the beginning of 1943 - by decree. Not by word of mouth, by decree.

But a decree, or legislation, or a rule or whatever else is found, is of no interest to these scoundrels at all, never was and never will be.
These snowflakes like Bob IQ-ball only want a safe space to retreat to like the Wehrmacht Awards Forum, where they can play with each other and post whatever they want. Invent their own sordid reasons why the crap they have sold for decades, just has to be real.

You might know this already, but I`ll still say it, it is something i see happeneing a lot of WAF.
They challenge documented facts... with a vet story :pound: I kid you not, i know how absurd that sounds, but they really do.

Well, after being called a liar by Bob Iqbal and asking him to qualify that assertion, along came his friendly moderator Sergio as expected and yellow-crayoned the thread making Bob positively innocent. He deleted parts of my posts, added "inflammatory" and "confrontational" to others and did not change Boob's post that accusing me of lying. That's it for me over there.

I promise all of you that as long as I run this forum we will NEVER take money from dealers for advertising. I would hate my members and moderators to think that they have to pussy-foot around people just because they pay for a banner.

Why do you think I left WAF now about a year ago.

There are to many sqoundrels running the threads and posts
at that forum. And many of the moderators do not want to be
involved in severe discussions, as they are themselves rotten
as hell. Keep away from discussions where the truth is being
told, is their motto!

Sadly all too many forums are charging "dealers" to get their names in lights - it don't matter if they are honest or not - as long as they get their money WAF is a crock of shite - there are "some" knowledgeable people but not many - I do use it to buy - which can sometimes be great

I got banned from one forum because I dared to call out a fake that was on a dealers website -The item was up for a whopping 12k and this US dealer shall we say - has a rep for "not original" pieces. it was a half basket camo helmet from the DB collection - and it was a wrong 'un Trouble was because I called it out - The "owner" messaged me and told me in no uncertain terms what a bad boy I was - BUT many established and knowledgeable members congratulated me - but said they would prefer to remain anonymous go figure! :)

Thanks Wim and John. WAF politics was the reason that I started this forum and the reason we had the small forum prior to that. Getting infracted for asking a simple question is absolutely ridiculous. Scoundrels is right.

I was offered a 30 day ban to "cool off" after he had amended a load of my posts to make me look bad and Iqbal almost innocent. I'll bet Iqbal didn't get that 30 day offer. Serge (I thought his real name was Sergio) didn't remove the slanderous post where Iqbal stated that I had been telling lies so I asked him and the WAF ownership for a full ban instead. My wish was just granted. 10 years I had that account which is roughly nine too long.

Thread closed when the questions got a bit tough for Sergio and his master. There you go folks ! Disgraceful !

Hi Jimmy,

Yes, not a good move is it. In his eyes, I was the problem so closing the thread now is pointless. What he should have done was to get Iqbal to ATFQ and the debate could then have moved on. Iqbal was definitely protected by the moderator there. I'm sure that they will reopen it at some point and we can only hope that Iqbal either ponies up or shuts up.

Feels kind of good to have lost the WAF account though to be honest. I really only used it to drop links back to HJ-Research anyway so no loss.

Hi Jimmy,

Feels kind of good to have lost the WAF account though to be honest. I really only used it to drop links back to HJ-Research anyway so no loss.

HaHa ! I am sure it does , we all know the monkeys run the zoo over there. I know it won't be long before I am shown the door over there but in the meantime I am just gathering up the info that show's these shills for what they are ! Silver lining ... you got to call Qball "Boob " and I have a link to Sodcast 6 on the locked DJ knife thread ! Lol !

Maybe the MOD is a "last choice", a kind of barrel scraping, because their dagger forum ran for a while with no MOD, if i remember.

"Untill the defining proof can be found..."

Did i miss the thread where any part of this below was challenged, corrected, updated, questioned, referred to, mentioned? by any one of those in the "debate" - or on the back foot at the WAF.

https://www.hj-research.com/forum/showwiki.php?title=DJ-Knife

Indeed, Boob Iqbal. Well, he consistently missed out the second scottish "r" in my name. What is a man to do? :) That second o definitely seemed to rile him I must say.

Yes, Serge really isn't very good at being a moderator but he did do a decent stitch-up job on my posts making me look like a liar and Boob like an apostle. I wish they would challenge the info Jo but it seems they can't.

Has a WAF sponsor ever been banned? (Gottlieb was a part-owner of WAF as opposed to sponsor wasn't he so he doesn't count :p )

A friend has just sent me the following

You don't have permission to view attachments.

He has "just found it somewhere on the internet" so I do not know where it originates from, but I think it should be included in this thread.

I do not even think that the DJ knife was produced before 1945, so I show this paper at the risk that "I have put my back on a burning hot stove top"

Any comments ??

Michael :denmark

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
A friend has just sent me the following

He has "just found it somewhere on the internet" so I do not know where it originates from, but I think it should be included in this thread.

I do not even think that the DJ knife was produced before 1945, so I show this paper at the risk that "I have put my back on a burning hot stove top"

Any comments ??

Michael :denmark

I included that into the HJ-Wiki article when it first surfaced. See here: DJ Knife (the section is entitled "Come on guys, these knives really are REAL!!"

Essentially the document, even if authentic, throws up too many discrepancies between what dealers and auction houses say and have said about the purpose of these knives and what the document actually says. It doesn't support any dealer argument made in the past but over the last few years certain high-profile dealers and supporters have started to call the knife "low-cost alternative HJ/DJ knife" and I suspect that this document was the source of that change of mind or..... cynical minds might suspect that the document is a post-war invention intended to explode the arguments of those who doubt the dealer narrative. Where are the small Eickhorn knives today by the way? Are we to assume that Eickhorn lost its complete stock/production run in one bombing raid before completing any knives and that they were so discouraged that they binned "Project Low-Cost Alternative to DJ/HJ Knife" altogether? Or, was the production of these knives planned but never actually realised and if so, who invented the concept of the "DJ" knife post-1945? J

So many questions but just try getting any answers from TWittman, Boob Iqbal and erstwhile dealer Tron Weinland. It got me banned though so be careful :biggrin1:

I have an account over there and would love to get that thread going again but really, is there any point? They are not listening and as we all know, WRF and WAF are just dealer protection operations full of shills, partisan moderators and other dross with the odd diamond. HJ Research forum is the cleanest, most honest forum out there imo but it gets no airtime on the bigger forums. Very unfair and unjustified but the truth and real research/evidence often gets in the way of dealers and their customers. Sad, sad but we all know the game...

Back