View Poll Results: Do you think that these knives were issued to and used by the DJ and BDM?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 9.38%
  • No

29 90.63%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
    Hi Ewan, it's the first thread pinned in the daggers section at the top, "Deutche Jugend Messer". I don't post commentary on that forum nowadays like many others here that have just given up trying to enlighten people who are wildly incorrect and speculative in their post content.

Good post Darin. Just to pick up on one part of it, it never ceases to amaze ME how some people are happy to swallow absolutely everything that agrees with their position no matter how ridiculous and hair-brained it is.

Ah yes, the motel expert.. I try to ignore his posts actually because he often says stuff where you go "what?!" or "I wonder if he can actually prove that". Experience shows me that it is a waste of time discussing anything with him. His posts on that DJ knife thread are the written equivalent of not being able to look someone in the eye when you are talking to them.

By the way, I've just had a good old rummage around in my office and, well. see for yourself...

BdM member Erika, 17

"We're chuffed to bits with our new knives!"

erika.jpg

Jungvolk Jürgen:

"What did you say? It looks stupid?"

stupid1.jpg

DJ vs HJ knife-throwing competition 1945:

dj vs HJ.jpg

Please login to view user info
    thanks Darin i will check out! the info these are iffy has been out there for years just interested is all ;) see who is making an ass of themselfs! Garry you better watch out as them images might be in a 2014 book!

Perish the thought. Okay, I'm having a little dig with those pics of course but if some verifiable evidence ever turned up showing that the "DJ" and "BdM" knives are authentic period items, I would be as happy as the owners. I mean that.

Chaps, i am still lost, completely and utterly lost. All i can say is:
    Wer lesen kann ist klar im vorteil!

A great lesson though, someone talks high-grade Pooh (Wittmann), and others (Collector to collector militaria) jump on board and defend the Pooh, without even realizing that the original Pooh-talker was talking Pooh, and the Pooh shown is in fact not the Pooh that they thought it was, but rather only normal Pooh, and that they jumped the Pooh-line and came to Pooh-ish conclusions before even looking at the Pooh for themselves to see if the Pooh was real Pooh or made-up Pooh.

It must be great to be Thomas Wittmann, you can invent any old Pooh, and be sure that an Army of Pooh-eaters are waiting to pick out the peanuts, and PAY YOU FOR THEM!

Those photoshops are priceless Garry I just had a gander at the WAF thread and can't believe what I'm seeing, This is just a bag for a HJ/DJ Fahrtenmesser isn't it? You know, the type of knife all HJ collectors have an example of and that we see in a million photos? How the hell can the conclusion be reached that the bag is proof that these little knives are "Deutsches JUngvolk" knives? What do they see that I don't? Is the bag smaller than the one for the standard knife?

Quote Originally Posted by crack View Post
    What do they see that I don't? Is the bag smaller than the one for the standard knife?
    Yes, this interests me also. Mr Witmann is not saying exactly why he thinks that this bag is for the knife he shows. If the bag is the proof I am failing to see the connection...? Like Mac66 has said, this could be equally the bag for the normal Fahrtenmesser der HJ u. DJ

Quote Originally Posted by Trommeller View Post
    this could be equally the bag for the normal Fahrtenmesser der HJ u. DJ
    Have to correct you here, not COULD BE, it IS, the bag for the normal HJ/DJ Fahrtenmesser, it even says so...in huge letters.. Für die Hitlerjugend und das Deutsche Jungvolk

Quote Originally Posted by Metallwarenfabrik View Post
    Have to correct you here, not COULD BE, it IS, the bag for the normal HJ/DJ Fahrtenmesser, it even says so...in huge letters.. Für die Hitlerjugend und das Deutsche Jungvolk
    Yes, that is true. It is on all bags that I have seen and I was struggling for the reason why Wittman sees something we do not see. Crack asked about the size of the bag and I think this could be important but I do not own one to compare the size. Does someone know trhe size of the normal standard HJ knife bag?

Quote Originally Posted by Trommeller View Post
    Yes, that is true. It is on all bags that I have seen and I was struggling for the reason why Wittman sees something we do not see. Crack asked about the size of the bag and I think this could be important but I do not own one to compare the size. Does someone know trhe size of the normal standard HJ knife bag?
    The size is of no importance at all, as the writing says what it was for. Even if the bag was minute, let`s just say it was the exact size of a small knife, like the ones these crazies try and palm off as
    TR
    period DJ knives, let`s just say that it was so small that a normal HJ knife would not fit in it, then, the bag would be a 100% fake. Becaaaaaause, it says loud and clear that what it was for, the Regular, conform, Hitlerjugend and Deutsche Jugend knife :-) There was only ever one knife issued, and it was for both HJ and DJ. There was never a special knife issued to the DJ.

Wittmann sees many things we dont... It is not just his customers that are illiterate, but other dealers too, like that collector-to-collector-militaria whacko who is doing cartwheels on WAF because Wittmann just found the precious! Wittmann may very well be blind and illiterate himself, that would explain loads, so we should`nt be so hard to judge... Let`s have a whip-round for him (a collection) so he can go back to school and learn to read... History lessons are also what he needs, so be generous with your donations.

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast