Let's talk about the 'Deutsches Jungvolk knife' and the 'BDM knife'

Indeed Antonio. Did anyone save any pictures of the Inimicus knife at all?

I see that Mac66 shares my suspicion that it was bought by a dealer :) Does anyone know Mac66? I have an inkling who he is but I'm not sure.

Hi Garry,

You will find them here, but still I saved them too in case they "dissapear" as fast as the own knife.

Should I post them in the fake section?

Ill do it tomorrow, if it is ok for you.

Regards

Antonio

I don't know who he is Garry other than he's a Scotsman I think, and from reading his posts for a couple of years on HJ Knives on that forum he seems to know quite a bit about them.

Garry, at WAF you said:
I and others are being accused of spreading misinformation
What misinfo are you spreading? that these are post war P.O.S ? If this was misinformation, then all that would be needed to counter would be for one of the Old Monkeys to upload info proving that they were period.

The Facts:
Monkeys can not read German, and they can only read parts of English that agree with them
Monkey-Knowledge was obtained by listening to Vet-Stories and not by researchin
Monkeys Learn, by observing other Monkeys, hence the saying, Monkey see = Monkey do !
It sounds like Monkey-Business to me :001_tt2:

If you guys would only learn, and include an image of Bananas with each post at WAF, you would soon rise to MOD status, maybe even Co-Admin.
You would become more credible if you would STOP quoting history, and include Vet stories into your posts.... Monkey likes Vet Story.... hoo-hoo-hoo-hoo-hoo-hääääääääääää!!

Enough Monkey !! down boy.. use Common Logic.
From 1933, the Messing HJ badge was cased within the handle... somewhat protecting it from getting snagged on clothing etc etc, even though Busted badges occured and can be seen today...
THEN, towards the end of the war, a NEW knife, for babies, was created, with the diamond on the scabbard? a place was most prone to getting damaged, snagged on clothing etc...
Its not people like Wein-Land, and those that are making these (his freinds) that are stupid, its the people who are buying them that are thick as 2 planks...
Engage brain before opening wallet.

Last edited:
Yes, what Weinand means by 'misinformation' is of course anything that differs from the curriculum taught by the learned faculty of dealers (Department of Third Reich Youth Knives). That thread was a perfect example of how the perverse world of collecting works. All of the ingredients were there:

• a forum which uses politeness and etiquette as a weapon against free speech

• a hyped item with no basis in reality

• dealers who can't read German and who prefer to quote each other instead of presenting verifiable fact

• dealers supporting the dealers because their nice little DJ knife earner is in danger

• a collector who knows that he bought a dud but who still grovels at the feet of those who put that dud on the market in the first place

• collectors who aren't involved but who join the discussion simply to curry favour with the dealer

• a dealer who can't admit when he's wrong and instead takes the internet high ground by ignoring the thread

Y
[*]collectors who aren't involved but who join the discussion simply to curry favour with the dealer

But you know that Garry, you know that many collectors treat certain dealers as semi Gods and their pieces as "something" almost divine. I have seen in a pair of Forums things like "I have bought this X piece....... to Niemann".... WOW!!!! And I ask to myself, do they smell to Chanel number 5? are they so special or just we treat those sellers as something else?

Recently I saw a guy who bought a normal civil worker 25 years medal.... with swords. He trusted the seller and believe that the owner of that medal just added a pair of swords from a spange from a KVK 2. And he is happy because, the seller is a serious one...

Anyway... as I said, well done guy for your efforts and comments.

And now, I would like to attach the pictures of the knife. There are many.

I didnt ask a permission, so let me know, please if you want me to remove them.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Antonio

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

A few more....

Attachments

5 Pictures more...

Attachments

annnd 5 more

Attachments

The last pics.

Enjoy as much as you can.

Attachments

Many thanks Antonio :thumb: Also to you Darin. I'm pretty sure I know who he is now.

I was going to mention that the badge on the Iminicus knife was attached off center - badly, but Freds already done that, so i`ll ask something else.

If they were late war, then the Leather strap as well as enameled messing badge dont fit in with that period. Not that i need to actually ask this question, but just another two nails for the coffins of the dealers who are selling them. :pound:

Yes. I'm going to get out of the way over there and give Fred some room.

I have owned allot of these over the years enough for me to believe they are period. The light weight hilt unmarked & the less common heavy weight Klaas. Just when you think you have seen it all........I have never bought one out of the woodwork though.

DD, can you please clarify your comment?

Do you believe the knives with diamonds attached are period?

Or, do you believe that the un-adorned knives are period, manufactured for purposes unknown at this time?

Regards

Russ

Im thinking the knives with & without diamonds are period.I have a light hilt beater in my inventory that has been around the block many times.

Its not like the Olympic knife (all identical). There are 2 distinct very different knives.

Attachments

I recall a story told to me by my Aunt Laura (now diseased) who was a former BDM mid level leader . On her last visit to the USA aprox 7 years ago , she told me what she had experanced during the last 2 months of the war in Berlin . One of the stories told was that when the Russains were aproaching Berlin , a higher level BDM leader had handed out knives to a few members of her troop , She said that the Russains were raping and killing German woman and they could use these as a last resort . My Aunt remembered that this higher level BDM leader had her own pistol . I showed her one of my HJ knives and she said it was not one of those .

OK lets talk,I submit to you photos of two knives that were purchased from the same dealer.One is a DJ with no marking on the scabbed or blade the other is a HJ with motto I have submitted together so everyone can compare.The HJ I have no doubts about the DJ I think may have been issued for all around hunting and camping but I think it is from TR period. I am anxious to hear from everyone.

Attachments

I've just finished reading this thread, the other one here on the forum and the one on WAF that is now pinned and my take is that the people who belive in these knives are really gonna have to find more than just belief. The evidence is all on the side of the sceptics and nothing is coming back from the believers - except belief. Same old story though with the real culprits, the dealers. They throw some ambiguous and ultimately meaningless statement at the problem they caused and then they run away when they are being hit with the evidence you guys and others on WAF have been providing. Collector picks up the pieces, collecting loses

Back