Let's talk about the 'Deutsches Jungvolk knife' and the 'BDM knife'

He's getting hammered over there isn't he. The table-helper must be feeling suicidal by now "oh my God Tom, I'm doing my best but if I ban or censor any more people it'll look suspicious!"

Don't worry pal, it surged past suspicious a long time ago...

Anyway to find out what part he edited out of post 9 here?
Ground Röhm Question - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Had a quick read, and the above thread is worth a few giggles.. The Cuban has claimed that if a small tip is broken off a SA dagger, it meant that there was no need to etch the (Röhm plus dedication) name off, as it was deemed "discraced" already.
HA HA HA, how does this looney get away with his whack descriptions and invented history.
What a total Muppet!

Try this in google Jo:
Code:
site:wehrmacht-awards.com röhm defiance
Just change the search terms after .com to suit. I couldn't find a fuller version of what he said but it might be buried in there somewhere.

Edit: I found this. The "expert" could possibly be Wittmann..?

I was forgetting the green arrow. If you google the page you are looking for, clicking on the green arrow gives you the cache link.
Now I can see what The Cuban`s floor mop edited out.
:nono:
You don't have permission to view attachments.

Before and after

Attachments

Jeez... two new superheroes are born:

Twatman and Robbing use WAF (a.k.a "Got-them City") in last-ditch attempt to save Militaria Collecting (a.k.a the Retirement Plan).

Is Robbing Twatman's secret love-child?

All will be revealed in the next issue!

A few more....
Just out of interest, the first time I`ve found daggers and HJ knives with extra symbols attached to the actual scabbard, is in the 1978 WWII Ltd catalog...

Attachments

Here's
a novel take on the "DJ" knife. It's not "late-war" here and it's not "for HJ and DJ...material shortages...blah rah". Oh no, it was...

germaniainternational said:
a short-lived experiment
Interesting... Do go on..

After 1936 and incidental to a few mishaps involving these kids with knives, the leadership of the DJ decided to stop issuing them
Ah, so they took away the small knife that was causing mishaps and gave them a BIGGER knife? That makes sense. I'm enthralled. Please do go on..

but remarkably, still there. On the back of the sheath is the name “R. Masse” lightly scratched in (probably the name of the boy who owned it back in the days of the NS Imperium!
Of course, a name!

What a pile of made-up BS but I'm still giving Germania International a 2/10 for at least thinking up his own story.

Attachments

Last edited:
That`s from Nazi Bobs site :bounce: Bob and Lana Johnson, long time friends of Wittmann.... What do you expect.. the truth?

Just flogging a dead horse I was bored so I told Bill Shea his BDM knifes were fantasy pieces here is his reply

"Thanks for your email. I respectfully disagree. I purchased 17 BDM knives from a WWII veteran who brought home a box of 50 of them but used all but 17 for pruning in his garden over the years".

Bill

its hard to believe the old robbers like Wittman and Shea and the rest of them, are still as you say still flogging this old horse.
German Daggers a UK dealer was selling a so called DJ knife for £375.00, i emailed him telling him its a fantasy item, he just fobbed me off with the usual lies.
Its even more sad to see people buying into their rubbish and paying out big money, sad.

its hard to believe the old robbers like Wittman and Shea and the rest of them, are still as you say still flogging this old horse.
German Daggers a UK dealer was selling a so called DJ knife for £375.00, i emailed him telling him its a fantasy item, he just fobbed me off with the usual lies.
Its even more sad to see people buying into their rubbish and paying out big money, sad.

He used to embellish his story a little more with some crap about well, read it yourself here: https://www.hj-research.com/forum/showwiki.php?title=BDM-Knife

Here's another something that again shows the absudity of the claim that the little "DJ" knives were a "low-cost alternative", "late-war", "unofficial but part of the HJ/DJ uniform" blah blah.

I've added the information to the DJ Knife wiki page too but here's a pamphlet produced in March 1944 by Gebiet 40 Oberschlesien for the DJ leadership. One of the sections deals with the DJ uniform and the correct way to wear it. It lists all parts of the uniform and when it gets to the knife it says:

"Production of the HJ-Fahrtenmesser has been discontinued for the duration of the war. It is also not available in any authorised shops" That's it and there is nothing else on knives either before or after that single sentence.

This confirms of course what we already knew about the cessation of knife production in 1943 but the interesting thing here for me is this:

what we see in this pamphlet is a perfect opportunity for Gebiet Oberschlesien to tell its DJ boys and leaders "hey people, no HJ knives anywhere but how do you fancy one of these smaller, low-cost, low-quality versions of the regulation HJ/DJ knife?".

Nope. They didn't say that and I'm sure you can all hazard a guess as to why..

Attachments

Germania International Website said:
The DJ knife was a short-lived experiment. After 1936 and incidental to a few mishaps involving these kids with knives, the leadership of the DJ decided to stop issuing them.

Utter rubbish.

A. the only knife issued to the DJ at this time (and any other time) was the standard HJ/DJ Fahrtenmesser.
B. this is the only reaction noted in the regulations regarding any "mishaps".

Back