Let's talk about Olympic Hitler Youth and 1935 Reichsparteitag daggers

Just thinking about how the SAGA mag described Atwood back in 1967.. quite funny actually. Budding authors like Johnson and Wittman at that time, were just starting to collect, or just about to..... aaaaah, this solid mountain of unequivocal proof and expertise, offered only 20 years after the war had ended, by a known con-man forger, is most likely what they have based the very foundations of their life`s research on.. BS stories from day 1.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Neither do i. Look at the first SEVEN daggers on Wittmans site... all seven are fantasy... LOL,.. totaling over $11,000.- ha ha ha ha ha..... if you miss any of those seven, Dont worry chums, because as a Dealer once said.. ACHTUNG COLLECTORS, WE NOW HAVE SOME MORE ....

There are other gems on that page:

Wittman Gem of Wisdom #1:
"The Hitler Youth (Hitler Jugend) was formed officially in 1935"
Oh really? Not 1926 then?

Wittman Gem of Wisdom #2:
"
Through 1937, these knives were etched with the motto of the organization, Blut und Ehre! (Blood and Honor!)"
Try August 1938...

Wittman Gem of Wisdom #3:
"Examples produced after this date
(1937) were made with plain blades usually bearing an RZM marking"
Usually?!

This is reverse of post 8:
These three, are no longer available, and marked as sold. Good old Snyder`s Treasures of the Third Reich.

Attachments

Last one

Attachments

Ooops, there are more at good old Snyders treasures

Attachments

Strange stabbers..... he has two of these listed....

Attachments

Ooops, there are more at good old Snyders treasures

BUT, this one is the BDM Olympic knife - this one must be more rare, hence the lumpy price - still a bargain though at $2499

Snyders Treasures
This is a VERY RARE early BDM youth knife with metal scabbard and leather hanger strap and ORIGINAL VOOS factory Olympics marked shipping bag. It has a fancy gilt and enamel city coat of arms with crown surmount and Berlin Olympic eagle emblem.

The legend is "ZUM RUHME DES SPORTS ZUR EHRE DES VATERLANDES" is rendered in gilt between the eagle emblem and coat of arms. There is an EMIL VOOS SOLINGEN name and logo and GES. GESCH. registered maker marks are present on the reverse side of the blade. The knife measures 8-1/8 inches long with a 4-3/4 inch blade. These are close-ups of the front and rear of the stag horn grip. There is an inset HJ diamond on the front grip. The scabbard is all metal, with the strap riveted to the side.

The original Olympic marked Emil Voos bag (front and rear) is included with this knife. The condition is near excellent, with some minor signs of wear, apparent in the images.

I can't take it any more... all these rare knives available at the same time....!

What are the odds on that happening??

I must have them all for my advanced collection.... I can't cope!

I know, I'll sell one of my Birdsheads, that'll cover it!

Regards

Russ

Now that the 1936 Olympic knife and the 1935 RPT knife wiki pages are up, we can start adding links to some of these pictures above. Also, any links to discussions where the usual sellers of these knives make conflicting claims (as you mentioned above Russ). These will be important because they will show that there is no consensus and that the story changes depending on how and where the knives are being discussed.

Any links to other discussions can be dropped here or added directly to the article (with the relevant excerpts from the threads) but I would ask all to remember that the role of the wiki is to inform interested parties about the respective items. A comprehensive and referenced wiki page is all that is needed to show the reader what happened in the post-war past and what is still happening. Specific names must be linked to concrete examples of their claims about these knives.

Could anyone provide a scan of any books (Johnson etc) where these knives are touted as period items. A pic showing the (lack of) footnotes would be very useful.

Found it on the old PC. :swissLast year, the guy from MUNDO militaria had a RPT knife up for sale, i think for €600-900, something like that, and he was kind enough to send me images of a collectors magazine that year (last year - i forget which mag exactly) where the knife was shown, as Original, that was his proof that they are real.

Maybe someone here recognizes the mag?

Attachments

Thanks Jo :thumb:

Does anyone have the Johnson book [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Collecting the Edged Weapons of the Third Reich"[/FONT] where the RPT and Olympic knives are shown?

Ooops, two suckers found already......

Attachments

Unreal that someone would drop 2000 USD on one of these things. Why do people just take a sellers description as gospel? Some of these sellers are like televangelists that believe in the church of themselves. Crazy to think that someone can just throw 2000 dollars at something like that knife. I think long before spending that sort of money on anything let alone a knife shrouded in controversy without any period evidence of it's existence and authentication based on collector lore.

Unreal that someone would drop 2000 USD on one of these things. Why do people just take a sellers description as gospel? Some of these sellers are like televangelists that believe in the church of themselves. Crazy to think that someone can just throw 2000 dollars at something like that knife. I think long before spending that sort of money on anything let alone a knife shrouded in controversy without any period evidence of it's existence and authentication based on collector lore.

Well said Daren .....This has gone on soooooo long that I believe that some of the Big Dealers have come to believe there own lies . This hobby reminds me of the King pin Drug Cartels being supported by their ARMY of addicted Sheep .

Agreed, but i see something else going on here:
We know that despite the "Very rare...hard to find..." sales descriptions, they are everywhere. Hell Synder has 6 or so, and Lana Johnson (Germania Intl.) openly state: Achtung collectors, we now have more... And they have had these listed since 2006 :)
Wittman also listed a few of them together didnt he? so it is possibly a con, list them, 2 days later mark one as SOLD...really give the collectors the impression that they are selling like hot cakes...be quick Chums, otherwise Wittmans last two will sell in the next few hours..after all, two just sold after only being up for 48 hours.

Now the price. In Germany they are available any day of the week for €500-600.- Snyder only wants a few hundred for his.... they show up all over the place for a few hundred... so why would anyone pay 2000 for one from Wittman? they are all the same....

I smell a con, i bet it`s a game, i bet he marked it SOLD himself! Just like bidding on your own auctions at eBay

Last edited:
Take a look at Witman's recent update for some more of these gems.
LOL, funny as .... ! I bet there will be silent tears from many who have been taken for thousands from this rip-off artist.

A new poll should be started, Who is worse? Pawel Nowak, or Thomas Wittmann :pound:

Attachments

Back