Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Wow 695 GBP to get raped.

Quote Originally Posted by Gefolgschaft View Post
    Wow 695 GBP to get raped.
    Thats only because of BREXIT, if they were still in the EU, the price would be £2000.- and the paper bag would be extra!

Please login to view user info
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo Rivett View Post
    Thats only because of BREXIT, if they were still in the EU, the price would be £2000.- and the paper bag would be extra!
    Jo....... Believe it or not we are still in the EU :)

We're not leaving yet.

Looks like Joe saved a guy from getting ripped off on that one. According to the WAF thread he bought it but returned it after Joe and a couple of others outed it as garbage. Good work Joe, Mac 66, and Frogprince.

When I search google for "1936 Olympic dagger" and "1935 Reichsparteitag dagger" or the same terms but with "knife" instead of "dagger" I instantly see links on the first results page to HJ-research. There is no excuse for people to get caught out. Clearly a quick name drop is sufficient for the discerning dealer of course. They don't need (don't like) Google...

Quote Originally Posted by Gefolgschaft View Post
    Looks like Joe saved a guy from getting ripped off on that one. According to the WAF thread he bought it but returned it after Joe and a couple of others outed it as garbage. Good work Joe, Mac 66, and Frogprince.
    Yes he PMed me, saying that he had already bought it, but after reading the thread backed out from the sale.

Here we go again!!!!!

crap.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by John Brandon View Post
    Here we go again!!!!!

crap.jpg
    Yes, but staying fair, this auction house is not at fault.
    They know sweet FA about Militaria, so have done a quick google search, and found a few positive sales, threads, sites etc.. and just run with that.

What would you do, or me even if we were the auction house? Handling 10 000 different items each auction from heavy 17th century furniture to a silver hair brush from 1965?
    Get online, have a quick look, and to our delight, we can support selling the HJ knife as original because we simply found a few other "well known people" who had sold the same, had the same, said the same was original.

No auction house gives a monkeys cuss about "collector satisfaction" or "doing justice to the German people of 1920-1945" - they want money, and commision and fees and so their primary goal is THE SALE.
    The people who are to blame for this ad/auction, are the Thomas Johnsons and Wittmann`s and Bob Inkballs.
    Hope that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Jo Rivett View Post
    Bob Inkballs
    I prefer Boob Inkball. It got me banned so it must be good

That`s funny, as the common suffix for EXPELLED is normally Jo Rivett!

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast