Let's talk about Olympic Hitler Youth and 1935 Reichsparteitag daggers

Snyders,Whitman's,Johnsons All seem to have the above items for sale.Has anyone thought to ask Paul at Lakesidetrader to put his 2 cents in.I would be very intrested in hearing what he has to say.

anyone thought to ask Paul at Lakesidetrader to put his 2 cents in.I would be very intrested in hearing what he has to say.
I would not be interested at all. I watched a few videos of his on U-Toob, made by himself only a short while ago, and his knowledge, is, Shocking! He is still making basic errors like "Ges.Gesch. stands for Patent Pending" and he follows the old school way of evaluating items. If the diamond wiggles, the knife is original...and so on. Not to mention that he is part of the MAX club, as well as regularly listing modern fake badges for sale as genuine on his site, so no, i would not pay any attention to anything he says. Thats just me though, lots of collectors seem to think that he is a wealth of knowledge, same as Wittmann and Johnson. So maybe, if someone probed enough, they may be able to wiggle out the "wealth of knowledge" that these people are supposed to have, knowledge that extends far beyond "Original rare knife with it`s BAG - Collectors, we dont know jack about them, except that they are certainly post war, but will continue to fleece you for 1,900 a pop coz we are fatties and need the cash to support our local Burger König ! So quit mumblin, and shell out 1,900.- by the time you regret it, it will be too late, our word is gold boy and we were selling this rubbish before you hatched... does it wiggle son? does it? well there you go, hands down proof then.... will you take 2? i`ll do you a good deal on two, i have a never ending supply you know.... yes yes, i know it always says rare, but thats just a sales pitch..gotta understand how this game works boy.... so, two was it`or three? or a box full?"

Snyders,Whitman's,Johnsons All seem to have the above items for sale.Has anyone thought to ask Paul at Lakesidetrader to put his 2 cents in.I would be very intrested in hearing what he has to say.

Fair point but I'm thinking that if he wanted to be in the spotlight on this matter I'm sure he would have stepped in there on his own. I'm clearly not intimate with the inner workings of the dealer world but I imagine that calling out the big boys would be suicidal for a smaller dealer.

Has anyone thought to ask Paul at Lakesidetrader to put his 2 cents in.I would be very intrested in hearing what he has to say.
Operaman, i just remembered an old thread, i know exactly what Paul at Lakesidetraders will say, he will say: "Thats a good un" after all, he has to, because he sells them as well. LOL.
LINK

All of these threads about these knives and who sells them is a good reminder and lesson to new and old collectors of the old axiom,

BUY THE ITEM, NOT THE STORY.

and

THE ITEM SHOULD SELL ITSELF.

Never, ever, ever, depend upon a dealer, seller, etc. no matter who they are to authenticate items for you, do your homework, research things on your own, and decide for yourself what is correct.

still being made, this with a slight twist!

HITLER YOUTH KNIFE SOLINGEN GERMANY HYGRADE CUTLERY STAG HANDLES HARD CASE NICE | eBay

You don't have permission to view attachments.

seller ''POST WAR HITLER YOUTH KNIFE AS SHOWN IN VG COND .. MARKED HYGRADE CUTLERY GERMANY AND HARD CASE IS ALSO MARKED MADE IN GERMANY .. NICE .. ''

at least hes saying what it is! i understand the dealers knifes are not marked germany and have a diamond etc but could the above company have made them? even just a ''one'' order?

they seem to be like london buses those knifes!

Attachments

Never, ever, ever, depend upon a dealer, seller, etc. no matter who they are to authenticate items for you, do your homework, research things on your own, and decide for yourself what is correct.

Good advice.

so it is possibly a con, list them, 2 days later mark one as SOLD...really give the collectors the impression that they are selling like hot cakes...
A good example of Dealers and their Website prices and "SOLD" flashing gifs.
This GPB, is marked SOLD on eMedals website with a sold price of USD 2,200.- (LINK - images below)
The exact same GPB, has now turned up on Collector-to-collector Militaria (another seller of DJ knives), with an asking price of USD 1,599.- (LINK, images below) Thats a whole 600 USD less that what he "supposedly" paid! Great business strategy going on there..OR.... what you read as SOLD on dealers sites is not all it seems.

The same as i am saying it is with Wittmann and Johnson with their flashy SOLD or ON HOLD gifs.. on their fake and fantasy rubbish like the DJ and RPT knives etc....

Attachments

One each of these just listed on Witmann's site again at bargain prices, not. When will he stop pushing these fantasy daggers with his anecdotal and flowery descriptors based entirely on dealer and collector lore?

One each of these just listed on Witmann's site again at bargain prices, not. When will he stop pushing these fantasy daggers with his anecdotal and flowery descriptors based entirely on dealer and collector lore?

Why dont you send him an email & tell him what you think of his Bogus crap DJ, Olympic, Reichsparteitag knifes ?

Why dont you send him an email & tell him what you think of his Bogus crap DJ, Olympic, Reichsparteitag knifes ?

I'm sure I would not be the first, and he won't care anyway. I can already predict the answer of "vet acquired" and "I've been in the hobby for xxxx years" etc etc etc.

Sending an email to Wittman would be a waste of time Mac. He clearly doesn't care - even when the his frankly laughable claims (late-1920s HJ knives, paper bags for 'DJ' knives etc) are outed on forums like ours. You have to change the way collectors think, not how dealers think. Change will not be driven by businessmen in this hobby until they begin to see that items like these knives are no longer selling. Educating the collector is the key.

Sending an email to Wittman would be a waste of time Mac. He clearly doesn't care - even when the his frankly laughable claims (late-1920s HJ knives, paper bags for 'DJ' knives etc) are outed on forums like ours. You have to change the way collectors think, not how dealers think. Change will not be driven by businessmen in this hobby until they begin to see that items like these knives are no longer selling. Educating the collector is the key.

well said mate and so true! if the collector isn't collecting the crap, then it will stop them selling it as you say! have you emailed him Scott? I don't think you would get much of a hostile reply!

as Darin says what he going to care? even if we all emailed him over the next year? no much I would bet!

Caveat emptor!

Guys,

Yes i agree dealers like Wittmann dont care who they "Con" out of there hard earned cash by selling fantasy knifes to uneducated collectors, we really do have to change the way collectors think about this stuff with hard facts & proof that these knifes are indeed BOGUS!

Wow! Wittmann has a real nose for digging up these rare gems it seems! On his update today he has listed not one but TWO of these rare little gems!! Wow..... He is even using a Germanic name for them now "#34830 Deutsche Jungen 1935 Party Day Souvenir Knife with Original Issue Bag $1,495.00", must have been on one of those "lost" documents that he's seen, as the bag in the photos says nothing about "Deutsche Jungen" on it. He simply must have a source tying these to the "Deutsche Jungen" to describe it as such!!

According to his descriptor " It is a real beauty and should be of good investment potential as most of these knives have since been sold into the community and very few surface any longer." Very few surface but today he has listed not only one but TWO!!!! of them. He seems to always be able to somehow turn these up on a regular basis in spite of the fact that "most of these knives has been sold into the community and very few surface any longer." by his own words. Things that make you go hmmmm.

Why doesnt someone write an article on him? expose him and his twisted sense of history in-print. It wont loose him any sales i dont think, but would surely be a warning bell to younger collectors, to STAY AWAY FROM HIM!

Another RPT joke, of course carrying the MILI321 seal of authenticity :)
LINK

Attachments

Back