Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Thanks Jo

Does anyone have the Johnson book "Collecting the Edged Weapons of the Third Reich" where the
    RPT
    and Olympic knives are shown?

Please login to view user info
    Could it be the IMM, seeing the type of letters?

Quote Originally Posted by wilhelm saris View Post
    Could it be the IMM, seeing the type of letters?
    yes, i think he told me it was the Internationales Militaria-Magazin, either from early this year, or late last year.

Ooops, two suckers found already......
    Attached Images Attached Images

Unreal that someone would drop 2000 USD on one of these things. Why do people just take a sellers description as gospel? Some of these sellers are like televangelists that believe in the church of themselves. Crazy to think that someone can just throw 2000 dollars at something like that knife. I think long before spending that sort of money on anything let alone a knife shrouded in controversy without any period evidence of it's existence and authentication based on collector lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Gefolgschaft View Post
    Unreal that someone would drop 2000 USD on one of these things. Why do people just take a sellers description as gospel? Some of these sellers are like televangelists that believe in the church of themselves. Crazy to think that someone can just throw 2000 dollars at something like that knife. I think long before spending that sort of money on anything let alone a knife shrouded in controversy without any period evidence of it's existence and authentication based on collector lore.
    Well said Daren .....This has gone on soooooo long that I believe that some of the Big Dealers have come to believe there own lies . This hobby reminds me of the King pin Drug Cartels being supported by their ARMY of addicted Sheep .

Agreed, but i see something else going on here:
    We know that despite the "Very rare...hard to find..." sales descriptions, they are everywhere. Hell Synder has 6 or so, and Lana Johnson (Germania Intl.) openly state: Achtung collectors, we now have more... And they have had these listed since 2006 :-)
    Wittman also listed a few of them together didnt he? so it is possibly a con, list them, 2 days later mark one as SOLD...really give the collectors the impression that they are selling like hot cakes...be quick Chums, otherwise Wittmans last two will sell in the next few hours..after all, two just sold after only being up for 48 hours.

Now the price. In Germany they are available any day of the week for €500-600.- Snyder only wants a few hundred for his.... they show up all over the place for a few hundred... so why would anyone pay 2000 for one from Wittman? they are all the same....

I smell a con, i bet it`s a game, i bet he marked it SOLD himself! Just like bidding on your own auctions at eBay
    Last edited by Jo Rivett; 22nd November 2012 at 07:12 PM.

Check out this discussion on WAF . I posted that in my opinion they are bad , and now other collectors are agreeing with me .... Hmmmmmm !

hitler youth knife from the 1936 olympics - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Take a look at Witman's recent update for some more of these gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Gefolgschaft View Post
    Take a look at Witman's recent update for some more of these gems.
    LOL, funny as .... ! I bet there will be silent tears from many who have been taken for thousands from this rip-off artist.

A new poll should be started, Who is worse? Pawel Nowak, or Thomas Wittmann
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast