M7/2 Hitler Youth knife for sale on norwegian site

Thanks Received
hi there.
is there anyone who could please take the time to check out this knife here.

the seller wants 1250 nrk (around $210).
how do i know if the diamond have been there "forever?"
can one tell from Pictures if the scabbard have been "re-painted?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Difficult to say for me from the pictures if it's been repainted or if the knife looks okay for certain. The wear on the handle should equal the wear to the leather and the scabbard if it's been together for a long time I think. There are others here that can give you more and better input than I can in regard to knives.

This is a well known reproduction knife, marked RZM M7/2 on the obverse ricasso.

See the thread on fakes to view several examples of this - some are very old, some are 'newer', but all fake.

Regards

Russ

hi.
thanx to both of you for answering!!
Guess i did a smart thing with investing in books and joining a forum to seek knowledge about things i cannot find out for myself?!! : )
thanx to the vast amount of knowledge floating around in here i will instead buy a "transitional e.knecht & co. hj dagger 1939" from lakeside trader.
thank you : )

Glad we were able to help before spending your money on junk.

If you're un-sure on any other HJ stuff, it's a great place to get some guidance.

Regards

Russ

Normally the rzm marking will be on the back ricasso, but there are for sure makers that have produced them with a front side ricasso marking.
Lakeside an wittmann both sold them, and they look certainly right.
Theres one posted at the Warrelic forum which is also approved to be Original ( Mac66 knows his daggers)
I would not buy this one because the leather of the scabbard is a total mismatch with the nickel plating of the hilt, that show no sign of wear where the snap is.
Big red flag.
Futhermore the rivets seems to be made of Alu, not likely to been seen on a hilt like this.

Pass this one.

cheers,
Ger ( Gerrit - Warrelic)

Hi Gerrit, I may be mis-interpreting your comments, but are you saying that Wittman and Paul have sold knives with this marking as genuine???

There are genuine knives with the RZM mark on the obverse ricasso but this is not one of them.

Often, these fakes are paired with an original scabbard, as with this one here.

The reason not to buy this knife has nothing to do with a mis-match of leather to the hilt plating - the reason not to buy it is because it is a fake - not a red flag.

There are also fake RZM M6/3, and RZM M7/36, marked on the obverse ricasso in this same style, which are to be avoided. They are dated, from memory, 1937.

Regards

Russ

Yes,Russ is correct,this is a well known fake.
The grip,pommel and motto is completely off,the scabbard look fine.

Here are some more examples of the fake RZM mark shown above.

Regards

Russ

Attachments

Hi Russ,

maybe i didnt make it clear enough, i stated that front ricasso markings dont always are fakes.
and that the 2 dealers sell them occasionally.

I agree with you that this is a known fake.
but with every knife i see i will first look what i dont like about it, if you dont know the known fake rzm code you have to look whats not right.
Thats what im trying to say.

Ger

Normally the rzm marking will be on the back ricasso, but there are for sure makers that have produced them with a front side ricasso marking.
Lakeside an wittmann both sold them, and they look certainly right.
Theres one posted at the Warrelic forum which is also approved to be Original ( Mac66 knows his daggers)
I would not buy this one because the leather of the scabbard is a total mismatch with the nickel plating of the hilt, that show no sign of wear where the snap is.
Big red flag.
Futhermore the rivets seems to be made of Alu, not likely to been seen on a hilt like this.

Pass this one.

cheers,
Ger ( Gerrit - Warrelic)

Welcome over to the HJ forum Gerrit !

cheers,Ewan

Back