M7/36 E&F Hörster HJ knife with solid red enamel diamond insignia

Yeah but guys, does it really matter what one toe-rag, on a forum, populated by toe-rags... actually thinks?
He can believe in Santa Clause for all it matters...

The main reason is that he is a serious hj knife collector that seems to know everything about them from maker to maker & refuses to believe that there was ever an hj knife that came out from the factory with an Opaque red enamel insignia, i am not trying to change his mind but want to understand & learn about this subject myself & let other collectors know some facts that have never been talked about with some good hard evidence!!

Yeah but guys, does it really matter what one toe-rag, on a forum, populated by toe-rags... actually thinks?
He can believe in Santa Clause for all it matters...

Understand that mate and if I knew that people were coming here to read our discussion too that would be fine. I just don't like the idea that people are getting their news from just one source and thinking that's all they need to know. There is some utter drivel written about HJ stuff on WAF, WRF etc and I can only hope that enough people are coming to our forum to get a balanced view. Anyone with an interest in the HJ and its collectibles should have an active account here in my opinion.

Not just the HJ mate, all of it. The hobby is bad to the bone i tell you.
Besides, if you are one of those who are getting your info from only one side, and not bothering to "enlighten" yourself, then tuff titties, i wish you all the green, yellow, blue and black Otto Hoffmann badges that you can carry! & More!

Not just the HJ mate, all of it. The hobby is bad to the bone i tell you.
Besides, if you are one of those who are getting your info from only one side, and not bothering to "enlighten" yourself, then tuff titties, i wish you all the green, yellow, blue and black Otto Hoffmann badges that you can carry! & More!

here here! :first:

not post the pics here Scott? i lost my log in details over there, be good to have it here too!

P.S

Herman on GDC said:
ONE AND ONLY WARNING TO MAC66: you will not start your full red discussion here again! If you try so anyway, all will be removed and you risk suspension from the forum!

what an ass he is!

:lol:

Photos of ground dug relic hj knife with solid red diamond.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

more photos.

Attachments

more photos.

Attachments

in my opinion and a humble one at that the diamond is in far to good condition to have been on that rusted out wreck when it came out of the ground :canada1

you know Paul i have to agree with you, i did type a reply earlier but it got lossed between me and the forum, so i just wrote cheers after this miss hap , it just looks too new for that knife :h

Yes it does look in pretty good condition compared to the relic hj knife but the poster Gottlieb on GD.com said he has cleaned it up, i suppose its all about science & how different materials react over time when buried in ground in different types of soil.

Gottlieb on GDC said:
"All i had to do was gently cleaning. So i did this HJ emblem & believe me there was a lot of rust & patina - old patina under it & where the emblem touched the handle".

Last edited:
yip that surely would be a factor looks as if it didnt do much reacting atall to me , you dont need to convince me i have seen some fantastic like new relics come from the Russian soil before so who knows, i will sit on this fence for now :h

we are all pro sold reds here ! it really is mad how someone with some much knowledge and experience can discount opaque enamels pr 1945 entirely! it looks borderline insanity to me :help:

I had forgotten just how interesting this thread was. Has anyone seen Mac66 around? He doesn't seem to post here any more.

Back