Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Please login to view user info
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmabteilung-B View Post
    I am hopeful that when Ralf Siegerts HJ reference is released in December that he makes mention of it. Cool find Scott! Regards Larry
    Thanks Larry, good to know your on my side & believe in the solid red/opaque HJ daimonds, Ralfs Book will be interesting but i cant read german text so will have to wait on the english text version to be published.

Regards Mac 66.

I looked thru the 100 HJs I currently have for sale & I have no other solid red diamonds so that makes the solid red a less than 1%er in my unsciencetific survey tonight. I'm thinking the solid red shows up in 1940 & the silver thereafter. Even Though no movement is not an indication that a diamond is bad, movement is invariably an indication that a diamond is good . The strangest diamond I have seen is on a late Eickhorn that looks like its made of paste. I have seen 2. So my message to you all is don't be too quick to judge something as bad because you haven't seen it.

I like it as well Mac. There are fakes of these solid red's, but I believe you will find that the diamond in that knife, when looked at through a loupe, will show some tiny, dark dotted specs, a little like spots of pepper in the red sections. That's the main thing I look for in a solid red diamond of the same colour as yours.
    I believe the fake solids are easy to spot, but genuine ones I've seen all have this characteristic.

Regards

Russ
    Last edited by RussellM; 29th October 2012 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmabteilung-B View Post
    I am hopeful that when Ralf Siegerts HJ reference is released in December that he makes mention of it. Cool find Scott! Regards Larry
    Ralf is a member of this forum, but to my knowledge has not contributed (or even asked) anything here ? Is his book, not also just a German version of what Johnson says? I dont own it, or have read it, but i heard from other Germans when it came out that it offers nother new at all?

Thanks, D.D.H & Russ for your very helpful info on the solid reds, its very much appreciated,

I,m having a hard time of it with Herman/Victorman over on the GDC & WAF at the moment regarding the solid red/opaque daimonds & not getting much support from anybody who knows there genuine & would appreciate any help given as theres only so much i can take & say on the subject, i was also threatened by PM on the GDC by Mod Herman because i spoke about the solid red on another members thread & was only giving my help & opinion but Herman didnt see it that way & deleted my post then i recieved this PM as titled, "Cancel Your account on GDC"

Mac66,

I suppose that the real objective of your latest postings is that we cancel your account here on GDC and you can go crying about GDC on other fora?

That is no problem, it can be arranged.

Herman
    This is what i,m up against!!!!!

Regards Mac 66.

Hi Scott, I saw the recent thread on WAF and skimmed through it. I saw one of my knives there, along with several other great examples of the diamonds with the 'peppery' look I tried to convey in words. I don't have the energy to get into it again! I don't post much in the Edged Weapons section there anymore.

You're doing a great job there on the case, but I see Herman is laying into you quite heavily.

I gave up GDC years ago, as did RussN, the most knowledgable person I know regarding HJ knives. He shared a great deal of his collecting experience with the forum, and also directly to me when he started to reduce his contribution level. Herman took over from him, as you may remember.

I've x-rayed many of my knives, including the example shown on the WAF thread, which is correctly pinned.

I think you've provided enough info on the WAF thread to allow people to make up their own minds - most surely in the believers camp.

Keep up the great work!

Regards

Russ

Scott, forgot about this one here.

Solid Red Diamonds on Hitler Youth knives: Myth or Reality?

Regards

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by RussellM View Post
    I think you've provided enough info on the WAF thread to allow people to make up their own minds - most surely in the believers camp.
    Patience Scott.
    I have just seen that my book will be out in Summer next year, and in that, i dont provide my opinion on opaque enamel, i dont provide enough info to "hopefully" sway peoples opinion, i provide rock solid proof of the use of opaque enamel parallel to translucent. All the other "trivialities" pertaining to every other aspect of it are covered as well, so it`s a case of [opaque enamel 1 - disbelievers 0.] Anyone who still disagrees with the use of opaque enamel is left with egg on their face after, and they dont have any legs to stand on either, not even a thin, wooden crutch... not even the thinnest strips of bamboo are afforded to the nay-sayers after this.....

Thanks Russell & Jo for your support & info on this subject,

@ Jo, i,ll wind down the WAF & GDC threads until next summer when your new book is published,

@ Russell, i cant seem to get into your ink "Solid Red Diamonds on Hitler Youth knives: Myth or Reality?"
    i get the bulletin page coming up saying i have no permission to access this page???

Can anyone help me access this thread please?

Many Thanks Mac 66.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac 66 View Post
    i get the bulletin page coming up saying i have no permission to access this page???

Can anyone help me access this thread please?

Many Thanks Mac 66.
    Full Member content possibly?

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast