Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 158
  1. #21

    Please login to view user info
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallwarenfabrik View Post
    Full Member content possibly?
    Possibly MWF

    Maybe Garry can help me out on this problem ?

  2. #22

    Please login to view user info
    Hi Guys,

    My HJ knife with solid red/opaque daimond insignia arrived today & i,m very pleased with the overall condition, i cannot see any tampering damage whatsoever to the rivets or griplates not even a hairline crack on the griplates, daimond insignia has the required movement, i.e springy up & down with side to side movement with that click sound when tapped with my finger just like some of my other HJ knifes daimond insignia, the rest of the knife has some aged patina with some greying on the blade that i will gently clean way to preserve the blade from any further decay, the cloth on scabbard runners are still bright white which i was very happy to see, all i can say now is that i believe 100% solid red enamel HJ daimond insignia was definetly used during the TR production period but not on the same scale as we see the commonly used clear pimpled HJ daimonds therefore imo the solid red/opaque enamel HJ daimond is a scarcer type to find on HJ knifes.



    Regards Mac 66.

  3. #23

    Please login to view user info
    Sounds great Mac, well done!

    The thread is in the Fakes database - Knives & Daggers section of this forum which requires Full Member status to view.

    Regards

    Russ

  4. #24

    Please login to view user info
    Something else for Herman to think about:

    It does not make sense for a faker to manufacture a diamond with all the correct attributes including the correct size, thickness, and length of pins, and then do something completely different by leaving out the scaled base of the diamond! I also think that the fake solids we see today were replicated after seeing original solid examples of the type we are discussing.

    Here's the x-ray of my solid red shown in the WAF thread.

    Regards

    Russ

    solid%20red%20diamond%20x-ray%20(Medium).jpg
    Last edited by RussellM; 31st October 2012 at 09:10 AM.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by RussellM View Post
    and then do something completely different by leaving out the scaled base of the diamond!
    You mean the background pattern ? it`s there, you just cant see it because the enamel is not translucent. So the only abnormality with opaque membership badges, is that the red enamel is not transparent. Another abnormality that applies to many opaque badges, is that they were made using lesser quality materials like eisen (magnetic) and messing-plated eisen (still magnetic on both sides even though the obverse is theoretically messing - but the messing sheet is so thin). Otherwise in most cases, they are stamped under the identical obverse and reverse dies.

    How about the triangular NS-Frauenschaft badges? the small swastika in the center is found in both translucent and opaque, yet you dont ever hear any collector of these "doubt" them.

  6. #26

    Please login to view user info
    Quote Originally Posted by RussellM View Post
    I like it as well Mac. There are fakes of these solid red's, but I believe you will find that the diamond in that knife, when looked at through a loupe, will show some tiny, dark dotted specs, a little like spots of pepper in the red sections. That's the main thing I look for in a solid red diamond of the same colour as yours.
    I believe the fake solids are easy to spot, but genuine ones I've seen all have this characteristic.

    Regards

    Russ
    Hi Russ,

    i looked thru my loupe today & yes i see the little dark spotted speckles that look like pepper,

    looks like there closing ranks in on me over on GDC where i am finished posting for good,

    You cant teach an old dog new tricks

    Cheers Mac 66.

  7. #27

    Please login to view user info
    If it has movement its good.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by ddsdaggers View Post
    If it has movement its good.
    Sorry, but common sense tells us that this is BS. Why not try working out a definite way to authenticate the HJ diamond, instead of this rabble? It`s EASY!!!!!
    If it moves its good ? WHAT ? the dagger? or the Diamond? Man, so glad i dont collect daggers otherwise i`d have been brainwashed long ago!

    IF IT MOVES, = means that it has either been affixed poorly, replaced poorly, or has been in-use! Nothing more, and nothing less. (both scenarios apply equally to both fake as much as they do Good daggers)

    I couldn't help note on your U-Toob vids that you say if the diamond is Silver, its a good indication that its a fake? Do you not know that most HJ badges were silverwashed? so if its silver, can also mean that it has not seen that much use... but no, another useless way of authenticating

    In fact, everything you are using as a Good or Bad pointer has two sides or more to the story. And has absolutely no place in authenticating the item. You are taking one small piece, that can be exchanged in a matter of minutes, and inventing fables about it to use as a definite guide.. But wait, its not a definite guide at all, for everything you say is a Good indication, you then turn around and say that even if its not as you say, that doesn't mean that the item is bad??? madness.... useless...and a waste of time instead of looking at the points that really matter.

    The helmet is real because the Decal looks good? The uniform is Original because the armband is at the right height? The badge is genuine because the attachment looks good? The Knights Cross is Real because the ribbon looks worn?
    Do you not see it? "If the diamond wiggles its good" what a load of crap. Not in my opinion, according to COMMON SENSE !

  9. #29

    Please login to view user info
    youll never win mac they treat hermann and everything he says as gospel if he said blue diamond where real they would all rush out and buy them,
    i love the way he avoids answering any questions by making stupid remarks, unfortunately the sheep over there believe everything he says so if he says bad then they all think bad, and he thinks hes helping the collecting community

  10. #30

    Please login to view user info
    Quote Originally Posted by stuart View Post
    youll never win mac they treat hermann and everything he says as gospel if he said blue diamond where real they would all rush out and buy them,
    i love the way he avoids answering any questions by making stupid remarks, unfortunately the sheep over there believe everything he says so if he says bad then they all think bad, and he thinks hes helping the collecting community
    Hi Stu,


    Every question i put to Herman he never answered because he does not know what to say but he likes to twist my words into lies to make me out to be a fool but little does he know that he is the fool, they can shove there GDC up their ####!!

    He calls WAF members HJ knifes crappy & low end which boils my blood, have you seen some of the CRAP HJ knifes hes sold in the past on the WAF e-stand?

    I am certain he is trying to get me to blow my top on WAF & get me banned but he will never succeed,

    I hope everbody has seen him for what he really is with his recent rantings.


    Mac 66.
    Last edited by Mac 66; 31st October 2012 at 09:37 PM.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

HJ-Research, the Hitler Youth Militaria Collector Forum
Copyright © HJ-Research.com 2009 -
Web Hosting by Vidahost "Hosting for Life"