Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Please login to view user info
    I have a real clean unmarked solid red diamond HJ comming. I have stayed away because I have very little tolerance for the couple members who dominate the forum. Like my lone gone father often said "If you dont have something good to say, dont say anything at all" Merry Christmas to all.

Quote Originally Posted by ddsdaggers View Post
    I have a real clean unmarked solid red diamond HJ comming. I have stayed away because I have very little tolerance for the couple members who dominate the forum. Like my lone gone father often said "If you dont have something good to say, dont say anything at all" Merry Christmas to all.
    I have to disagree with the red part, and thats whats contributed to the mess today, so many people just sitting on the fence not prepared to say something "negative" above a web-dealer for fear of reprisal, for fear of loosing out on the next Deal, even though all & sundry know the items bogus, they would rather only speak when they have nice things to say...and shut up when they see others being fleeced.
    Both good and bad are possible, together, in the same post. Although the bad part here, is actually the good part , because it`s warning other, interested, possibly new collectors, about fantasy items being sold!

Great news that you are not one of the go-alongs who seem to think that opaque red diamonds are all post war. Will you be listing it above, or below, the DJ knife you have for sale?

Merry Xmas to you & yours as well.
    Last edited by Jo Rivett; 21st December 2012 at 09:35 AM. Reason: added link

I would also like to add that facts dominate this forum Mr Harris, not people.

Quote Originally Posted by ddsdaggers View Post
    I have a real clean unmarked solid red diamond HJ comming.
    D.D.H, i am looking forward to seeing your nice conditioned HJ knife with opaque red daimond enamel insignia,

Merry Xmas & All The Best For 2013

Regards Mac 66.

Here is a genuine opaque red enamel HJ daimond insignia with the proper tangs on the back for fitment into the HJ knife griplate, note the black peppery effect through the enamel.

M1/13 L. Christian Lauer, Nürmberg

Regards Mac 66.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mac 66; 28th December 2012 at 12:16 PM. Reason: M1/13 L. Christian Lauer, Nürmberg

The black "peppery" effect was caused when the diamond was polished down after enameling, BUT was not re-fired to smooth out the enamel, of "flash-melt" the ground down surface - leaving a porous surface that has, over time, filled up with dirt and grime. When it came out of the "factory" it did not look like this.

The prongs are dead right for a dagger, but the markings raise another question, well not a question really, but an observation regarding "If a diamond wiggles" on a HJ knife.

Well we know that some makers, like Deschler for example, made diamonds with sunken markings, and this one shows raised markings, meaning that depending on the actual diamond used for the knife, whether it had all the markings and plate SUNK into the badge reverse, or not, would also play a part in, "If the diamond wiggles"

Because if they were raised, like this one, then there is no way that the diamond can sit 100% flush into the knife recess, without having a minimal "play-room". If the markings were sunken, as well as pin plate, then it would obviously sit 100% flush in the recess, with no play-room.

So the actual makings, as well as pin plate, on the reverse of the HJ knife diamonds, also play a big part in "If it will wiggle or not" as well, and well as usage, size, care taken in attaching it etc etc......

How did Herman react to seeing this badge Mac?

I wonder how DD harris will react to this diamond as well, as he states a few times on his site and in videos that if the diamond is silver, like this one, it usually means that its a fake :-)

Interesting though to se that it has only been partially silver-washed. I have found this one many other small badges, but it`s not the "usual" way to find them, they are either completely silver-washed, on not at all. Maybe with this one they knew that it was intended for a HJ knife, and the reverse would never see the light of day, so saw no need to dip it completely into the bath, and only dipped the obverse!

Nice badge btw, and without any doubt, 100% original, with no questions at all, either pertaining to the opaque enamel, quality, silver-ness (lol) or markings!

Quote Originally Posted by Garry View Post
    How did Herman react to seeing this badge Mac?
    Garry no reply from Herman/Victorman as yet, maybe he is in denial ;)

@Jo Rivett, All original HJ knife diamonds i have handled & seen over the years have raised RZM markings,

The opaque red enamel pictured above seemingly came out of this early HJ knife but i,m waiting on confirmation on this. note the diamond point edges are filed down slightly.

Then it is clear why diamonds wiggle. The cut out for the diamond was a standard cut out, and did not vary from maker to maker to incorp. various sizes and designs of HJ diamond, the only thing that changed would be the diamond, from maker to maker. Like i said, most used raised markings and some inset, so when you compare the grove to the image (see image) you can clearly see where the RZM logo, as well as the Makers RZM code, would be resting on top of the recess... meaning of course that it can never sit 100% flush into the cut-out, and NOT WIGGLE !

So theres you answer as to why they wiggle. (Of course there are a few other reasons to incorporate like i mentioned, usage, care taken in affixing the diamond etc..)
    If normal membership diamonds were used, just with a different prong set up of course, but with the same raised markings, then its not possible for them to sit flush, they will, and must wiggle. BUT, if a maker had a specific knife diamond die, or used inset markings, (like deschler etc) then they wont wiggle.

See, common logic can usually answer questions without having to rely on witchcraft, or listen to stories of why something should do something but no clown knows why, other than it must do that!

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast