M7/38 HJ knife with 'Jungsturm Voran' motto

Garry

Admin
Thanks Received
Knives seem to be popular at the moment so I thought I'd add this strange one for discussion :) You can see the seller from the pictures.

As far as I can ascertain, 'Jungsturm Voran' is the slogan/motto of the Bund Jungdeutschland so why on earth is it on a HJ knife? Ignoring the motto for a second can any of the knife guys say whether the knife itself is a dud or good one? That would save some time :)

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

:yo:Garry,
I do not like this knife either. I've seen it already some time ago.
I'm not a 100% sure about the diamond inlay (the enamel especially the red part seems odd).
Normally you have this fischscale effect on the red part wich is here not present.
The rivets wich keeps the gripplates in place look to me new and are not as should be the case higher than the backelite gripplates. here they are sunk in, wich I've never seen before.
And what to say about the motto?
What I find very suspicious is the fact that we have a motto of an organisation wich was founded in 1922 on a knife with on the reverse side an RZM marking.
The way the motto is etched on the blade looks to say the least very doubtfull and is to me not comparable as to the HJ motto etching.
Rzm markings with the presence of a motto on HJ knives (should we take in account that this would be a period applied motto) were introduced as of 1936 up untill 1938. (transitional HJ knives)
After '38 we have in general only the Rzm marking with a few exceptions apart as for example the Eickhorn specimens.
Anyhow between 1922, or at the latest 1924 (at that time the Jungsturm was changed into HJ (Hajot) and 1936, there is a timelap of 12 Years, this looks odd to me that a guy (what age would he have at that time, would alter a knife so a late period knife, with only RZM marking and add this motto. BIZAR.....RED FLAG :h

To me this knife has been a put together and somebody added a motto to it. :amen:

Anyhow, that's my opinion, I would not tough it.
:thumbdown:

Wizardelf
:belgium

Dont like it !!!, it has more then one red flag imo. i dont like the dimond either , and to me its a late knive with no motto on the blade...

Yes, totally agree chaps. I've only seen that red enamel on early DJ membership badges (the type 1 'DJV') but this is clearly not an early knife as you point out.

Yes, you would think that Winkler would have felt the need to discuss the anachronistic motto but no - he just describes what we can see. All very odd and I would agree with both of you that this is definitely one to be avoided. Much like another Winkler wierdo item which he still has on his site:

http://www.hj-research.com/forum/f3...ungvolk-drum-design-dates-1951-earliest-6759/

Why not? we see how others are going, like BECK, WITMANN etc.. so why cant Winkler also join in the fun and sell complete rubbish ?
There IS a badge known that says Jungmädel Voran ... so why not a nice knife to go with it? they make a good pair :bounce:

Keeping with the Jungsturm Voran, how about this fake belt buckle sold by Beck?

Attachments

Genuine knife with a repro daimond insignia & Fake motto,

Another humped up hj knife to decieve novice collectors

Regards Mac 66.

Back