Thanks Thanks:  0

Please login to view user info

M7/51 HJ knife 1936 with motto

I found a knife earlier today for sale online just over £700, it was decent quality but what struck me was it had a high ricasso, had an rzm but no logo and was dated 1936 with the motto! Is it possible to get such a knife? I understand the Blut und Ehre was still around but I presumed the makers logo would still be on such a knife at this point?

Yes, this is quite possible.

Can you post a link or pics to the example you've seen?

Regards

Russ

seller was looking £750, is this a rare variation then or more common than I had thought?

1HJ36.jpg 2HJ36.jpg 3HJ36.jpg 4HJ36.jpg 5HJ36.jpg HJ36.jpg

The pics are quite poor, can you please give us the website this is on?

How much you wish to pay is up to you, personally, I wouldn't pay that much for it.

Unless you are wanting to build a collection specifically by year, motto, RZM only etc, I still wouldn't pay that much...

The fact that it hasn't sold says a lot....

Regards

Russ

Hello
    I agree with russel the pictures are very poor to comment on.
    However im not a fan of this knife from the pictures as i do not like the large ricaso with motto.

Quote Originally Posted by Druid View Post
    However im not a fan of this knife from the pictures as i do not like the large ricaso with motto.
    High ricasso with motto on a 1936 knife is a valid combination.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsAJ View Post
    I found a knife earlier today for sale online just over £700, it was decent quality but what struck me was it had a high ricasso, had an rzm but no logo and was dated 1936 with the motto! Is it possible to get such a knife? I understand the Blut und Ehre was still around but I presumed the makers logo would still be on such a knife at this point?
    The Blut und Ehre motto was not removed until 1938: https://www.HJ-research.com/forum/f31...765/#post73221

Agree with Crack, he is correct about a high ricasso with motto being a valid combination.

Regards

Russ

Hi everybody I found the link again to this knife if anybody is interested in it, its about 1000 dollars. I found it at Nashville Civil War Relics

Too expensive for this quality.

Regards, Wim

I agree though a nice knife all the same, I think £500ish would have been a better price but what do I know haha