M7/9 HJ Knife Adolf Hitler Marsch

Garry

Admin
Thanks Received
What are your thoughts on this chaps? Always sceptical when I see stuff like this but perhaps one of you guys has seen it before?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

I have seen this one before, now i cant remember what was said about it, will have to search the forums on waf

Ah, found it Mike: HJ engraved: very scarce knife or fake? - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

It would appear that the knife itself is good but no-one was certain one way or the other whether the engraving was period. Considering how important this march was for the Hitler Youth I can well imagine a delegation from one of the Gebiete having this engraving done. Would be almost impossible to prove but what a great item.

Just a thought but were a Gebiet to have commissioned the engraving, do you not think they would have made mention of the Gebiet in the engraving? Otherwise, it would not directly honour their participation in the event. Perhaps even some personalisation on the grip fittings?

I think that would depend on whether this engraving was intended as an award or as a memento. The marchers were specially selected so mere participation could be seen as award enough and this would then make the memento scenario more feasible. I don't know. Unfortunately speculation is all we currently have with this one :)

As you say, we'll never know for sure. The engraving method used does look period but I must admit, ultimately, I'm sceptical. Perhaps the safest option.

Last popped up 2007, its the same knife anyway, whether 100% original who knows, something for the collection.... if the price was right for a gamble, yes i think so

Back